Home remidies

Does your mother, grandmother, someone you know have a home remedy that makes you think wth? Dhs mother swears by butter. Not sure if it works but she says it works on burns, goose eggs, and a few other things. I can't remember. But you could never get me to put butter on a burn lol

skinnyslokita

Asked by skinnyslokita at 12:34 AM on Jun. 9, 2013 in Health

• Ice on a burn. Yea, it is a old remedy, butter.

Answer by louise2 at 12:39 AM on Jun. 9, 2013

• When I was an exchange student in Barbados, my host mom would not let me sit on a hot car seat. She was totally convinced that you could get a cold from sitting on a hot car seat. She would drive the car around in circles to cool the seat down before I could sit on it.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 12:47 AM on Jun. 9, 2013

• My grandma had a lot of home remedies she got from her own grandma, who was a curandera in New Mexico. She grew this one plant in her garden; I think the official name of it was altamisa. Anyway, we called it the pond scum plant because whenever any one of us in the family got sick, especially with headaches or dizziness or body pains, stuff like that, she'd go pull up a chunk. The plant had thick, fat, gnarly-looking roots, and she'd boil one for ten or fifteen minutes in this old-fashioned coffee pot she had and then ice down a mug of the tea, which was cloudy like pond scum water. Smelled and tasted like pond scum water, too. She'd stand there and make sure you gagged down every last drop, and she'd make you have a cup several times a day till you either got better or swore to Holy God in her presence that you'd gotten better so the tea quit coming.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:49 AM on Jun. 9, 2013

• Yeah... butter is one of the WORST things you can put on a burn... holds the heat in, makes it worse!!! UGH I hate that one!!

I love the you can get a clod going out with wet hair myth! Germs make you sick people... not wet hair!! LOL
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:54 AM on Jun. 9, 2013

• A friend's husband swears by turpentine. Heals everything from a bruise to a sprained ankle. How that man isn't dead yet is a miracle to me.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:02 AM on Jun. 9, 2013

• did you see this? LOL

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:42 AM on Jun. 10, 2013

• Lmao feralaxt no I missed that one. :)
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 2:57 PM on Jun. 10, 2013