What do i do to stop the diarrhea

my 4 months old has had diarrhea for about 2 weeks now as well as vomiting. my local doctor passed it off a gastro and so did the peads??? i dont know what to do because his soft spot sinks in very deep but goes back up after a bit of a feed. with out a doubt he either vomits or poops after a feed and we have eliminated the formula as being a problem!!! im ready to pull my hair out, we have tried everything and hospitals wont do test without a good reason

Tyneal

Asked by Tyneal at 5:16 AM on Jun. 9, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I suggest going to a different hospital, or try a smaller clinic rather than the big hospital. I think if he is pooping or vomiting after eating it may be the formula even though you said you don't think so. Have you tried a soy based formula? This just doesn't sound right and I would continue to go back to the hospital until they gave more definitive answers. Good Luck on your little one.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:16 AM on Jun. 9, 2013

• Diahrriea and vomiting for two weeks in a 4 month old?? And they don't think it's an issue !!!! Please go to a different hospital or a different clinic your baby could be SEVERLY dehydrated.
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 8:40 AM on Jun. 9, 2013

• The soft spot sinks due to dehydration. Where do you live? Go to another Hospital ASAP. How do you know it is not the formula? It may be the water you are mixing it with. Are you boiling the water then letting it cool? Don't use an aluminum pot ONLY use stainless steel. If you can afford it use the premade liquid formula. What formula are you using? Please find another Pediatrician ASAP!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:48 AM on Jun. 9, 2013

• Go to a different doctor, clinic, and hospital. Go buy Isumil DF, it is a diarrhea formula to help control/slow down diarrhea. I know Similac ready to eat bottles have Similac Isumil DF formula. Pretty much start giving any formula that contains ISUMIL DF, regardless of the brand while you look for other doctors. Give plenty of water also. Dehydration is very serious and even if the baby is in a dangerous state of dehydration it will not be obvious to you. As an adult I did not know I was dehydrated to a dangerous level when I had a stomach flu. Then one evening I felt like my hear was being squeezed and my whole body being squeezed where I couldn't feel and move my hands and feet, and even my heart was being squeezed like a heart attack where I couldn't take a breath. Thank God my dh called 911. At the hospital they gave me 2 Liters of IV fluid and I still did not go to the bathroom at all! Don't let that happen!
    Nicollea

Answer by Nicollea at 2:49 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

• I would suggest a different hospital as well, that doesn't seem good at all. I would fight them to look into whatever it takes. good luck
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 2:44 PM on Jun. 11, 2013