2nd Update: the mother still hasn't come back.... ( I finally got in touch with her...this is awful)

It's going on 24 hours since she was suppose to pick her daughter up from a sleep over. She hasn't called or showed up.

I've called the sheriff's office. Lady said she wasnt arrested. Nobody with her name in our local hospitals. I'm trying to keep conversation about this in the DL so her daughter doesn't get upset.

Something is wrong, and I don't know what to do.

PandaGwen

Asked by PandaGwen at 8:46 AM on Jun. 9, 2013 in General Parenting

• OMG... I saw where you said you had left her a FB message... have you tried messaging the people who she seems to interact with most? Maybe even find a family member?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:48 AM on Jun. 9, 2013

• do you know where the mother lives? something is definitely wrong.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:48 AM on Jun. 9, 2013

• Ask the little girl where her aunt or uncle lives & what their names are. Maybe you can find her relative. How about emailing (since it's Sunday) a Teacher in their School. Maybe they will be able to help you find the Mother. Have you driven to her home? That's crazy! Keep us updated!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:52 AM on Jun. 9, 2013

• I wished I could recall her mothers name! I've seriously gone thru her friends list like ten times last night. She lives about an hour and a half from here. I'm going to check FB again right now.
    PandaGwen

Comment by PandaGwen (original poster) at 8:54 AM on Jun. 9, 2013

• Her grandmothers name, not her mothers. Lol. I'm going crazy. Tossed and turned all night long.
    PandaGwen

Comment by PandaGwen (original poster) at 8:55 AM on Jun. 9, 2013

• as much time as passed, i would drive the hour and a half.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:57 AM on Jun. 9, 2013

• Something is deff wrong! Ask the lil girls about her family to see if you can get grandma or an uncle ! Maybe get back on her fb page and see if you can find a relative that way if you don't want to ask the child. Keep us updated!!!
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 8:57 AM on Jun. 9, 2013

• What did the police department say when you called. At what point is this abandonment and they start helping you look?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:00 AM on Jun. 9, 2013

• Tnm, I know the name of the town, but no clue where to look. The little girl is only 5 and not very good with names or any help with this really.

Dispatcher asked what was going on and I told her that the mom hadn't shown up to get her. This was at 9 last night. She asked if the child was okay be I said yes. That was it.
    PandaGwen

Comment by PandaGwen (original poster) at 9:07 AM on Jun. 9, 2013

• Call the police back and tell them it has been 24 hours sense she has been gone. See what they say.  All else fails. Call CPS.

Answer by louise2 at 9:10 AM on Jun. 9, 2013