Someone please tell me this is normal, because I starting to take it personally.

All of a sudden my almost 3yr old son wants nothing to do with me :( it's all about his daddy, he want to play with my husband and tells me "no mama, I don't want play with you, I want play with papa"! WTF?! He wants my hubby to hold him and hold his hand and push the cart while we're out, what's going on?! He asks for him first thing in the morning, I say "don't you love mama anymore"?!....he says"no". My feelings are hurt so bad, someone please tell me this is normal! I mean up until 3 days ago it was all about me it was the reverse situation. I feel like its my fault because I don't play with him like my husband does... It's kind of unfair because I get to do all the reprimanding etc. all day and hubby gets to come home an hour before bed and play! I mean my son still plays with me and I know he loves me but I feel like he's loving my hubby more.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Jun. 9, 2013 in General Parenting

• Agree that at 3 he doesn't know what "Love" is. Children are Extremely selfish and self involved until about 5 when they start to learn and understand empathy. So when you ask "don't you love me" he is not saying no because he hates you, he is saying no because of the reaction he gets from you.
    It is very natural for the male child to attach to the male figure in the house. It is not about you, he is not trying to be mean or hurt your feelings, he just doesn't know any better. You can't take it personal.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:29 AM on Jun. 9, 2013

• Grow up. He's 3.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:14 AM on Jun. 9, 2013

• It's normal, and it's only a phase. He's 3, he doesn't comprehend what love means yet.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:29 AM on Jun. 9, 2013

• Its normal. I didn't punidm my kids for a very normal thing but if they said something hurtful I did tell them thats not a nice thing yo say and ask for an apology. Hes just figuring out that's hes a boy and identifying with the same sex parutent. My older 2 boys didn't go thru it but my youngest did.

Answer by missanc at 10:34 AM on Jun. 9, 2013

• I'm not here to "get points". But thanks for showing what your primary concern is. Maybe if you weren't so selfish your son would play with you more.

It's a PHASE. All kids have them. You're getting butt hurt over the fact your son wants to spend time with his father. I mean really, could you be any more shallow?
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:21 AM on Jun. 9, 2013

• Yep, you pegged me. I bet you feel validated now. Want a cookie?
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:35 AM on Jun. 9, 2013

• Thanks kristiS11384...why don't you grow up and have a little more decency and class about yourself to give a kind answer or none at all. You don't ave to answer these questions if you don't want, go get your points with a different question! RUDE!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:17 AM on Jun. 9, 2013

• He's 3. He doesn't know what "love" means. It's a game to him.
    Change the rules.
    Take something away and tell him he cannot have it back until he apologizes for hurting your feelings.

PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:21 AM on Jun. 9, 2013

• Maybe.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:21 AM on Jun. 9, 2013

• Good to see your primary reason is to bash people and be disrespectful, your life must be unhappy that you feel the need to speak this way to people, and yes my reason is to just have fun on here, it's not my life like it is obviously yours. A simple answer like the one you gave at the bottom "it's a phase all kids have the" would have sufficed. HATEFUL!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:26 AM on Jun. 9, 2013