I want him potty trained!!!!!!

My 3 yr old still isnt potty trained! He wants nothin to do with it! Ive tried everything I can think of. Now I need suggestions.....

TheLostMuppet

Asked by TheLostMuppet at 8:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Making peeing a game worked with my grandsons.. Cherrios in the toilet - aim,fire and sink them. Big potty was harder.. Reward chart with stickers and a prize after so many good days , big boy (favorite character) underwear.
    NanaGerry

Answer by NanaGerry at 8:40 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• BRIBERY!! lol. It works, my almost 3 year old wants a Rescue Pack and has been working very hard at not having accidents so she can get one. I also put her on the potty every hour, and for the most part she does good, unless she is really occupied. Good luck.
    TJKUHN76

Answer by TJKUHN76 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• It is a lot of work potty training.. it takes persistance on both your parts and spending time at home when you start helps.. rewards (bribes) help and read a few books about it, prepare him for it talk about it to him and then wait a lil bit before you start it and let him decide he's ready.. sounds silly but if you put the idea in his mind, mention it when you change his diaper that he's getting to old (don't demean him but you know what I mean) and then wait a few days and say how about if we don't use diapers today, he just might surprise you!!
    mars33me

Answer by mars33me at 9:56 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• when i was potty training my son, He saw his stepdad pee on a tree, he wanted to do it too.... then i started putting rocks and flowers in his potty and told him to aim for them, it worked well for me.. :) hope this helps
    Anonymous

• my son is 3 and wants nothing to do wiht the potty aso.hubby and i tried everything from the cherrio,to bires,even to wearing big boy undies.it seems since he has a borhter that is 1 it seems that he enojoys acting like a baby like his younger brother.is there anythinhg we can do we are despret to get him out of pull ups and acting like a big boy.the sticker charts dont evenw ork and we really dont wnat ot be potty traing 2 boys at the saem time wiht it comes time to potty tain our youngest.
    dragonfly_gal

Answer by dragonfly_gal at 10:29 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Have you tried the "Peter Potty" When I got this from Walmart online he has done great and hasn't looked back since.
    0507boys4me

Answer by 0507boys4me at 12:59 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I'm using a charector potty seat and that seems to help a little bit. At this point you may just want to set him on his chair and not let him get up until he goes (he may not fully understand what's going on yet) make him drink something while he's on there. Read him books if he'll let you. If he won't try getting a portable dvd player and letting him watch his favorite movie or show on the potty. It'll happen you just have to be patient. (You might see about setting your 1 yr old on the seat and seeing if that motivates your 3 yr old.)

Good Luck!
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 2:36 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• It seems like yesterday we were looking for that answer too. We bought big boy pull-ups, let him pick out some underwear to wear after he was trained,got an Elmo potty DVD& fancy music flushing potty, used stickers..We started at 18 months. Way to early,I guess, but he was our 1st child and we didn't know. He would go pee sometimes, but we couldn't get him to go #2. On vacation last yr. he was 3.3 yrs. old-drove from Colorado thru 22? states to Maine and back and still diapers. Got home, and a few weeks later we were diaper free. He was ready--on his own. For 18 months we beat ourselves up on why our kid wasn't trained,but the neighbors kid was at 2. What weren't we doing? Funny, it seems like forever ago..that was 8 mo. ago. Now we'll try to potty train our 22 mo. old girl. We're not in a rush this time. We'll show her, and when she's ready..
    Good Luck! I hope it happens soon.
    mommaQ

Answer by mommaQ at 4:07 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• my son wanted nothing to do with potty training either, the more we pushed the more he rebelled. so we backed off, we were out of state visiting friends when I was getting a bath ready for him and he popped up on the potty and did it all himself. He knew what to do, it just took him deciding he was ready. Nothing else we did worked. I tried the games, stickers, bribery, everything...it took him being ready! Good Luck
    Anubis8733

Answer by Anubis8733 at 2:20 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Well my son is fully potty trained and has been for almost 2.5 months? Hardly any accidents or anything. I had the hardest time training my son never thought it he would go! He would pee okay but for the longest we had to tell him "do you need to go pee?" then he would go. Finally i decided i had enough of trying he will go on his own. I tried everything, giving him m&m's-horrible experience! everytime we went to a store and he saw them he had a meltdown. Sitting in the bathroom for a hour, nothing right when we left he went poop in his pullup. Him wiping his own butt, mess lol. So i stopped asking him trying to go and one day while i was cleaning the kitchen he runs out of the bathroom and screamed "MOMMY MOMMY I WENT POOP!" boy was i on cloud 9 we jumped and screamed w/ joy. I think i was pressuring him too much and listening to what everyone else was doing and not letting him doing it on his "own time".

Good Luck.
    erikays

Answer by erikays at 4:07 PM on Jun. 20, 2008