Hey! I'm 41 weeks pregnant and no labor signs yet. Grrrr....

I was wondering, because everyone keeps asking me, how do you know when your baby has dropped? Because people keep asking me if I have and Idk. lol. I know this may sound sily, but I don't. She still seems pretty high up there. Like when I sit,I have to lean back cause it's uncomfy. Sooo yeah....what's up mamsita's???

mamakat21

Asked by mamakat21 at 8:52 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• from personal experience you'll know when your baby drops! you go from having to lean back when you are stting because she feels like she is in your lungs to wanting to walk around holding your hoo-ha because you think she is going to fall out! Some babies do not drop until you go into labor though so don't get discouraged by that. hang in there momma, you are doing great! She'll be coming anytime now :)
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 11:48 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I would just like to say that I couldn't do it... I couldn't be that patient to go 41 weeks. At the point that you are at your baby has prob. already dropped, but you never know. Next time you see the DR ask if she thinks that the baby has dropped.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 8:55 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Have they thought about inducing you? You may not noticed you dropped. Or she could have not dropped.
    Anonymous

• it feels like a bowling ball betweenyour legs lol. or it did with becka! congrats on not being bullied into inducing, etc though! :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:56 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• yeah I have thought about it and will induce AFTER 42 weeks. I'd like to give her time. I believe in doing this as naturally as possible. HOPEFULLY I'll go into labor before then because I reeeally do NOT wanna induce.
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 8:57 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• lmao! nope! don't feel that yet! can you tell from my pic's if i have??? I just took them 2 days ago.
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 8:58 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I looked at your pictures... Man you look great for 41 weeks! My belly is easily 2x the size of yours LOL and I'm 38 weeks. I feel like I'm gonna explode! Your belly looks the same height as yours and I know I have dropped, but you never know. Your doctor can feel around on the outside of your tummy to see where the baby's head is.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 9:05 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• :( Sorry you are so far along. I am 38.5 weeks and dying to have this baby out of me!!! UGH! I was lucky I went into labor with my first on my due date so I hope I dont go over with this one either. You have got to be miserable!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 9:06 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• lol no actually it hasn't been that bad. I'm very lucky because pregnancy really agrees with me. Yeah I'm uncomfy but I could feel and HAVE felt, alot worse. I honestly am one of the few that enjoys being preggers..lol... as crazy as that sounds.
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 9:10 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• With my first dd I went to 42 weeks and I never felt better.
    Anonymous