S/O, How and where do you make friends?

Most of my friends I have meet in real life. Some of from my son being friends with another child and after meeting the mom and spending time together, we became friends. I have met other friends by doing a hobby and meeting people that way. On here, there is a person or two who I do consider my friend even though we have not physically met. We have talked and gotten to know each other and share similar interests. What I don't do is go up to someone and ask them to be my friend. 

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 5:18 PM on Jun. 9, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I've met my friends through various community events, work etc.
    I'm not that desperate to blantly ask someone to be my friend. Sounds desperate when someone does this.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 5:21 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

• 80% of my friends are people i grew up with and/or went to highschool with (lived in a different city at that time), the others are past coworkers or other moms ive met at the playground, school, etc.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:21 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

• All the friends I have have been friends with me for a very long time, I keep in touch with all of them through FB, or via phone, the new ones I have made has been through the gym I go to everyday, but it doesn't go outside of the gym most of the times....I am lucky to have made friends throughout my life and keeping them for life.....

Answer by older at 5:21 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

• Hmm coffee/playdates, classes I take, through other friends I have. You know real life interactions,, not by advertising on the internet
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:24 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

• I have a REALLY hard time making new friends. I never want to seem needy or weird so I rarely talk to people unless I see them a lot and even then it's hard for me
    I have some people I talk to at the zumba studio-but I see them a few times a week since I'm there like every day
    otehr than that-my friends are mostly people I hung out with in my late teens/early 20's. None are in my state, we keep in touch mostly through FB- though I see a few of them here or there on trips to Phoenix or California
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:37 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

• in the park or kids school or activities...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 5:44 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

• My closest friends are my sisters. I'm still in touch with my friends from high school, but I rarely see them. We all have families of our own and we live pretty far from each other. I haven't actually made any friends where we are now. I suck at it, and there isn't many places to actually meet people either.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 5:55 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

• Some of my friends I met at church, some when I was in college. I find it hard to strike up real life conversations with people I don't know, especially moms at the park or preschool, so I don't meet many friends that way.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:50 PM on Jun. 9, 2013