Would the effect be worth making it the whole neighborhood's business?

This is a Sign That Your Stuff is on the Lawn

Very recently divorced friend of mine posted this on fb earlier (no, it's not her house and she's not claiming it is, she just thought it was funny) I've seen stuff like this before, and the initial reaction is always YEAH!  YOU SHOW HIM/HER!  but in reality - would it be worth it?  Would you exact public revenge like that?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 6:42 PM on Jun. 9, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Eh.. I think there are other ways to humiliate people about the shitty things they've done. I wouldn't make it public like this.. I don't like other people in my business.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 6:46 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

• As much as I would LOVE to do something like that if my husband did something like that to me, I doubt I really would. My personal business is just that: personal. I don't need the entire neighborhood to be privy to the problems in my marriage.

If that situation were to arise, I'd most likely change all the locks while he was at work, box his shit up, and leave it on the porch/front yard.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:47 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

• Would it be worth it? Not in my opinion.
    Would I axact public revenge like this? No, I like to think I'm a little more subtle than that.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:49 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

• Good question. On one hand I agree with the initial reaction of "Yeah, you show him/her". It is also a good way to let the whole neighborhood know at once why you are divorcing and not have to explain it to each and every neighbor. On the other hand, that is something pretty personal. What if things weren't as they seemed and a huge misunderstanding now has the whole neighborhood thinking that this person has a bad moral character. I personally would confront my husband in a different way. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:49 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

• I really have no idea where my head would be at if that happened to me.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:50 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

• Revenge only harms the seeker, and public revenge only makes it known that the seeker has stooped to the level of the one who hurt her.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:51 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

• I do not think so...it makes the person doing this not look very stable...if there is cheating involved that you do not forgive, then just move on, and get rid of the cheater.

Answer by older at 6:56 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

• That will not help the situation at all.

Answer by louise2 at 7:55 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

• I wouldn't do it but I sure know a lot of women who would. They would say, it's the only way to "hurt" him back.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:28 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

• I think it would backfire
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:31 PM on Jun. 9, 2013