Transgender men

Actually, not sure if he's transsexual or transgender but: WHY do these guys over do the makeup, boobs, etc? I saw a fellow working at the toy store the other day. Maybe not the best place for him-- he was very nice but gosh was he ever over doing "female." He had these awesome basketball player-like long arms crammed into a tiny purple top with large boobs of some kind and LOTS of eye makeup and lipstick. He just didn't look right.

Can this not be accomplished more subtly? Have you seen these people who look more natural?
Honestly, I think it makes it worse for them.... I kinda wanted to give some makeup tips.

jeanclaudia

Asked by jeanclaudia at 7:49 PM on Jun. 9, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• "First of all, they're not tansgenders they're transvestites"--- answer by anonymous
    Speaking in terms of biological men who crossdress....
    Transvestite is a straight male who dresses in women's clothing to achieve a sexual thrill or who dress in women's clothing to relax and find security. They often don't go out in public this way so I would say that you are wrong on this point.
    A transsexual is is someone who prefers to dress as the opposite sex but may or may not live as the opposite sex and may have gone through the surgery or is pre-op...
    A transgender person is someone who identifies with the opposite sex, and wishes to be considered as the opposite sex. Not every transgendered person though goes through with the surgery but may still live as the opposite gender, they feel as though that is the TRUE gender that they were meant to be born as. I agree that this person may just need some tips in make-up and fashion.
    AnonNdrag

Answer by AnonNdrag at 1:50 AM on Jun. 10, 2013

• Oh yeah I have seen some of these transgender look more beautiful than any woman I know, the one you saw must need those tips...

Answer by older at 7:52 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

• Maybe he got his makeup tips from some teenage girls on a You Tube video :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:28 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

• 1) transgender or drag queen?
    2) if drag queen, fishy or not?

A non-fishy queen goes ott because that's the point. A transgender woman just learning to use makeup, especially when dealing with issues the makeup isn't built to deal with, takes a while to learn.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:42 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

• KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:51 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

• I've had a number of transgender friends. The ones who didn't try to overdo it seemed okay, but there was one who would put on hose and these frilly little dresses I couldn't even pull off with natural larger-sized boobs, and he had these great big hands sticking out of the sleeves. He always said he hoped some creepy pervert would attack him so he could kick the crap out of the guy, and I was thinking, honey, you're not the type. I remember he was so proud of winning a karate competition for ladies over fifty, and it was like, dude, I know you want to be a woman but you've got the strength of a man and the build of a refrigerator, no wonder you won.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:27 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

• I had a friend years ago that went on a date with what he thought was a beautiful woman. They had a great time and after dinner went back to his place. After a few kisses, things started to get heated until my friend touched evidence that what he thought was a woman was actually very much a man.

Yeah, the one you saw must need some tips
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 8:30 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

• apparently anon is psychic and can tell from his computer in mom's basement whether or not the guy is pre-op
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:59 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

• OK did he have a sex change. Or just dressing female?

Answer by louise2 at 7:51 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

• Yeah, I don't know if he had a sex change or if he was a cross dresser. I certainly didn't ask. It must be really tough to be born one way and feel so strongly that it isn't what you were meant to be, that you end up with a sex change. I met a very successful guy from Sweden that regularly dressed up as a woman. He was thrilled to wear pumps and dresses. Such a nice, intelligent guy and yet, it ruined his marriage.
    jeanclaudia

Comment by jeanclaudia (original poster) at 8:58 PM on Jun. 9, 2013