PMS and sensitivity to foods. Does this happen to you?

I can't walk by the ocean if the tide is out because the smell is bad. I can't eat fish or meat because the taste is too strong. And sadly, I can't drink much during this time. Does this happen to you guys?

jeanclaudia

Asked by jeanclaudia at 9:23 PM on Jun. 9, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I don't get the sensitivity to tastes but sure do for smells. I usually know when my period will be here in a day or so since I have a heightened sense of smell, am extremely irritable and very clumsy. Seriously, I will get a major case of the dropsy's and will run into walls. I'm somewhat of a clutz anyways, but a few days before Aunt Flo visits, things get worse.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 9:46 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

• Not taste so much, but definitely smel. I'm sensitive to it anyway, but it's a lot worse right before my monthly visitor arrives. That and intolerance for too much sun.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:35 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

• No, that is very odd! Were you like this while you were pregnant? That's the only time tastes & smells bothered me.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:30 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

• yes but that was 10 years ago!
    jeanclaudia

Comment by jeanclaudia (original poster) at 9:35 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

• I have always been sensitive to smells, but I would say that from about 3 days before my period until day 3 of it, smells like decaying food, popcorn, baked potatoes, and roasted meats really gross me out.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:14 AM on Jun. 10, 2013