Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

18 yr old son is out of control

My 18 yr old son left and went to girlfriends. Took no clothes no money no nothing. They are bad people. The police say they no that family. There's even a man staying there some thats hiding from the police( indicted on cocaine charges). He will not talk to me or anyone else. He has been acting out, hitting me, cussing me etc. I don't think he's on drugs yet, but I don't know, he's always been a follower. I've got to get him away from them people and the girlfriend. Can anyone help me. I'm going crazy with worry.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Jun. 9, 2013 in Adult Children (18+)

Answers (23)
  • He will have to learn the hard way.

    Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

  • Call the cops. They raid the house, he has to leave.

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:57 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

  • Whether you call the cops and let them know that a wanted man is hiding in that house is up to you. I would, personally. But if your son ever lays a hand on you again, ever, you need to get him arrested. That's not okay, and letting him get away with it isn't helping him a bit.

    Answer by Ballad at 11:01 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

  • I did call the police... It's a small town and so far nothing had been done... The police officer told me he he knew what the girlfriend drove. He was there house a couple weeks ago.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:07 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

  • I hate to call police. He's suppose to start college this fall, but I doubt him going unless I can get him away from those people. It's so hard to let go.. I just can't give up on him..

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:09 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

  • I hate to call police because he hit me.. I called on the man that's staying there.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:11 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

  • How is he paying for college if he took no money with him.
    Hitting you as not allowed. Call the police. Do not give him money.

    Answer by Dardenella at 11:20 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

  • Hitting your mother is just not okay, no matter how much your mother loves you and won't give up on you. Letting your son hit you without consequences is also not okay. What kind of a man are you teaching him to be? Besides that, if he hits you again and you don't make him face the music for it, he'll eventually hit some woman he's dating, and she won't let him get away with it just because you did.

    Answer by Ballad at 11:25 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

  • Unfortunately he is considered an adult. Right now, the only thing you can do is to hope he gets past it soon. You are not doing hima ny favors by trying to protect him. He needs a lesson taught. You should have charged him for hitting you. You are only enabling his problems by not doing the right thing. You can't worry about him not going to school or whatever. He needs a reality check from you.

    Answer by LeJane at 11:32 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

  • Me and his grandparents were paying for college.. I know he should not hit me. He was raised good and in church. He's been acting up since he started dated the girl 6 months ago.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:34 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Adult Children (18+)
Feminine issues adult content

Next question overall (Baby Names)
Baby name problem !