• In the Spotlight:

New Tattoo and Exercise

So I just got my tattoo yesterday and the artist told me not to exercise until it was healed (this could be anywhere from 1-4 weeks!) But I didn't think to ask her what specifically she meant. My sports bra wont rub it so that's not a problem, and if I just run that wont stretch the kin on my shoulder, but is sweat an issue? They are closed today so I can't ask, but does anyone know what would be the reason to not exercise? I will have to just walk I guess.

cassie_kellison

Asked by cassie_kellison at 12:09 AM on Jun. 10, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• I have never heard this... and I just got a new tattoo 2 months ago... No direct sunlight, no chlorine, no fresh or salt water I heard... but no exercise? Maybe it has to do with location?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:16 AM on Jun. 10, 2013

• I have never heard this either. Unless it is a matter of rubbing like you talked about I can't think of why no excercise.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:18 AM on Jun. 10, 2013

• I have three tats and I've never heard that.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:10 AM on Jun. 10, 2013

• I have never heard that.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:28 AM on Jun. 10, 2013

• I never heard that with either of my tats.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 9:11 AM on Jun. 10, 2013

• I am tatts and I never heard it either.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:44 AM on Jun. 10, 2013

• yes, call her up to claify. I wouldn't want to wait up to 4 weeks without excersise. just because I have a tat.
    good luck
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 10:06 AM on Jun. 11, 2013

• I will have to call and make sure then, because I have been running a lot lately trying to lose weight before our family reunion in 2 weeks and this will really put a damper on things.
    cassie_kellison

Comment by cassie_kellison (original poster) at 12:25 AM on Jun. 10, 2013

• Well what the heck? I could understand if it was in the bra zone, but it's not. Maybe she meant for the next 24hours and I misunderstood her? I will be calling her at 1230 when the shop opens for clarification then.
    cassie_kellison

Comment by cassie_kellison (original poster) at 10:32 AM on Jun. 10, 2013