Has any one tried the green tea for diet reasons

does this really work ? and how much weight have you droped by useing it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Jun. 10, 2013 in Health

• .... who is asking all these crazy diet fad questions? Eat less and exercise more! Green tea is a great low calories drink for anyone.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:47 AM on Jun. 10, 2013

• Drinking a butt load of green tea won't do anything if you dont also change your.diet and exercise. Yes, Ive tried lol. Just makes you pee every 5 minutes.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:54 AM on Jun. 10, 2013

• I've been drinking iced green tea all the time for years and I've never lost weight from it. It is supposed to give you energy and boost your metabolism so it might help you along with diet change and exercise, but by itself I don't think it'll do anything.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 1:01 AM on Jun. 10, 2013

• I've seen some new diet pills with green tea in them, but I haven't tried them. I did try green coffee bean extract, and it might have helped boost my metabolism a little, but mainly what is working very slowly for me is portion control and reasonable exercise. The green coffee bean extract gave me diarrhea and also the jitter at night if I took it too late in the day. You might watch for that if you try the green tea--TMI, sorry, but I felt it should be said.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:53 AM on Jun. 10, 2013

• I've never tried green tea for this purpose but it really works for loosing weight.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:29 AM on Jun. 10, 2013

• No tea will help you lose weight. Some might help you detox impurities out of your system, but that's about it. Teas are diuretics, which make you consume more water and cycle water in and out faster. The bad or strong taste of some teas might off-put any hunger cravings, but they won't guarantee weight loss. You're better off eating lighter meals and including 1-2 real fruit smoothies throughout the day. You can also use apple juice to sweeten them instead of sugar and also to reduce calories. Also, doing stairs and walking and running can jump start a faster metabolism. I lost about 10 lbs. helping my brother move for several hours one day from walking up and down stairs. I didn't lose it all in 1 day but it jump started my metabolism and I ended up losing 10 lbs within in the following week without much exercise. My research shows that models drink a lot of smoothies though for nutrients and weight management.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 7:45 AM on Jun. 10, 2013

• nope-

I don't use anything other than water, and working out along with my calorie counting
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:44 AM on Jun. 10, 2013

• Green tea is great in products but not by itself.
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 11:05 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Yes works along with good diet.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 11:40 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Green tea is nice because it takes my mind off of eating food. Just sipping tea instead of thinking of a sandwich is great. Other than that I haven't really seen much of a difference but  you never know. On the other hand a diet that has made a difference is the dukan diet with weight loss coaching. The coaching keeps you motivated and the diet works great for most people though it does take some measure of discipline --it's completely worth every minute of 'pain'.

http://www.dukandiet.com/weight-loss-coaching/about-dukan-diet

Sheila631

Answer by Sheila631 at 2:35 AM on Jul. 16, 2013