Do you ever get stomach aches after using Stevia or Truvia Sweeteners?

I just made the connection today, and looked it up on the Internet... and OMG there are so many complaints about this. It also lowers your blood sugar, causes terrible headaches and dizziness, numbness in hands and feet, heart palpitations, and sterility in men (though I already knew about that, but I wasn't worried since I wasn't a man). I usually use Splenda or regular cane sugar, but we ran out today, so occasionally, I'll use some of my husband's Truvia (another brand of Stevia).

hellokittykat

Asked by hellokittykat at 6:54 AM on Jun. 10, 2013 in Health

• yes, I have a reaction of the shakes and stomach aches from sweetners and so I stay away from them.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 10:23 AM on Jun. 11, 2013

• With Stevia, no, however with fake sweeteners like Splenda, yes.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:18 AM on Jun. 10, 2013

• I get horrible headaches and nausea from any artificial sweetener. Even Splenda makes me ill. I do fine with regular cane sugar, Agave, and honey.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 9:04 AM on Jun. 10, 2013

• I won't touch any sweeteners that aren't plain old sugar. They're all bad news, in my book.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:57 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• Wow, that is so weird. I have never had a problem with Splenda, and I use it often. I've used Sweet and Low occasionally though I don't like the taste of it compared to Splenda, but also never had a problem with it. I won't use Equal or anything with aspartame in it though. I guess it's a personal sensitivity then I guess.
    hellokittykat

Comment by hellokittykat (original poster) at 7:31 AM on Jun. 10, 2013

• Everyone reacts differently to everything and no I do not have an issue with stevia (don't use truvia brand though), but I do have an issue with the artificial sweetners. Stevia is NOT artificial it is a plant and I use the one growing in my sun room.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:38 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• Ladies Stevia is NOT an artificialy sweetener. It is derived from a plant and NOT man made like aspartame and sucralose. That does not mean it will not cause issues for some.
    Anonymous