I nephew will be 5 next month and still not potty trained.

He finally pees in the potty but he will not poop in the potty. He goes to daycare and he was with the babies til he was almost 4 now he is in the preschool room. He wears undies now (no diapers) he pees in the potty even at daycare thing is when he poops he won't go on the potty. I guess he doesnt poop at daycare he waits til he gets home and poops. He goes to his bedroom and poops no-one makes him sit lion the potty they just say you better not be in there pooping. It bothers him you can tell it does but he still does it. they made him wear undies just over 4 and for a while he would hold his pee ALL DAY LONG (don't know how) but he would until he got a pull up on at night then he would go in it. But now he don't wear pull ups at all so he pees but wont poop in it. My middle dd is 6 months older than him and she has been trained since 21 months. My youngest is 22 months old and doing extremely well on the potty. She is holding off putting him in kindergarten til 6 cause she poops his pants. She was thinking of headstart, but I told her with him being kindergarten age they may not take him. He doesn't poop at the daycare but when he gets home. My sister makes him clean it up but he still does it. He has pooped twice at my house he goes upstairs and does it then my sister doesn't bring extra clothes. He pooped at my mom's before and they had no extra clothes. He just the other day pooped at McDonald's and it fell out of his pant leg he just kept going. Then he was over on Friday last week and I went to check on the kids they were quiet well I guess she pooped in the bathroom and my nephew was with her the next day he actually pooped in the potty, but it was just the one time and hasn't done it since.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Jun. 10, 2013 in General Parenting

• This is really her problem to deal with. If you don't like the fact that you face possibly having to clean up after him then tell her that she has to clean up any poop accidents he has at your house. He will get it one of these days. My kids were both late trainers (no this late, but it felt like it at the time). Sometimes it's a comfort thing. They get used to pooping in a certain position and its hard for them to just up and change something like that. His mother really has to be willing to work with him on it and it doesn't sound like its on her list of priorities.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:08 AM on Jun. 10, 2013

• What does the doctor say?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:56 AM on Jun. 10, 2013

• Hopefully she will make another appt. soon. I'm assuming he is to start Kindergarten in the Fall & will have to be up to date on all his shots. I would use that opportunity to address the issue w/ the child's Dr.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:06 AM on Jun. 10, 2013

• So the point here is to brag about how you're a better parent than your sister?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:52 AM on Jun. 10, 2013

• does he have any delays?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:54 AM on Jun. 10, 2013

• No...to see thoughts on why he isn't potty trained at almost 5
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:54 AM on Jun. 10, 2013

• No..no delays he is actually extremely smart kid other than this one issue.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:55 AM on Jun. 10, 2013

• She hasn't asked the dr. I told her to ask last app. When he was 4 but she said she seen he had a pull up and didn't say anything so she didn't ask
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:59 AM on Jun. 10, 2013

• they for some reason gave him his kindergarten shots last year.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:11 AM on Jun. 10, 2013

• although she has never potty trained him she has always just asked since 18 months old if he had to go potty he said no so she didnt put him on the potty
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:12 AM on Jun. 10, 2013