My fail will be your laugh... poison control

A Cascade Platinum dish washer capsule melted and broke open over my hands. We tried a variety of things to remedy this including mayo and PB (thinking the oil or fat would help) and also hairspray which all made it waaaaaaaay worse. The container said to seek help for skin contact so we had 911 non emergency patch us thru to poison control, which was still recording. I was weeping on the toilet since my hands were so uncomfortable.

Hubby (HB) Poison Control (PC)

PC her 1st name please
HB Jes, it's Jes
PC and her age please
HB 31 uhhh 31 1/2
(more info asked/given, etc etc)
PC sir if you could hold for just a moment while I try and reach an after hour emergency line for Cascade's parent company. Go ahead and comfort Jess, I'll be placing you on a very brief hold (tells him to comfort me since my crying has increased in volume)

The putting on hold didn't work and it was actually a conference call. PC said he had a concerned father with a 2 point 5 year old female and skin injuries. HB speaks up "no not 2 point 5 years! She is 31!" PC gently responds yes I understand sir I'm just rounding her age to call her 2 1/2 instead of saying 31 months. ... Mortified response by my husband of COURSE is she's not a toddler, she's a grown woman. 31 YEARS. Yeah. My hands took 72 hours to repair with natural moisture and I am usually this as therapy to get over the embarrassment.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Jun. 10, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Awww, I'm sorry that happened. I hope your hands are better.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:48 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• lol! When I was about 10 years old, we grew hot peppers in the garden. My mom had this idea that we should cut them up & freeze them. After about 10 minutes of this, our hands started to burn & anywhere else we touched was like instant fire. I remember standing naked in the shower with my mom, both of our eyes closed because they burned so freaking bad, and crying. She eventually called poison control who had no advice, but recommended "wearing gloves next time." My mom was at her wit's end and shouted, "THERE'S NOT GOING TO BE A FUCKING NEXT TIME!" and hung up. lol
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 12:51 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• the one time i called poison control i was told to call my doctor :(
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:54 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• lol aww I am so sorry. How's your hands?
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:55 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• I'm sorry you were injured, but this has me in tears from laughing. With all the stress of my weekend I needed a good laugh.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 1:17 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• Wow who would have thought it would be that bad. I am so sorry, but I am glad you can sort of laugh now.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:25 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• Omg. What the hell kind of chemicals are in those
    ??
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:04 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• Part of me is laughing, part of me is thinking I have those in my cupboard and didn't realize they were caustic.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:13 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• Oh that's awful. I'm glad you're feeling better. I will moving mine to a safer location! Yikes!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 2:17 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• Ouch! I hope you feel better now.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:37 PM on Jun. 10, 2013