5 y/o bday at park...need ideas for activities.

Having my sons first official party with kids at a nearby park that has a small playground and a pavilion. We are in Alabama, so a lot of heat at the end of June. I don't think this park has a water spout they would let me use, so how else can I keep them cool, but have fun too?

He says he wants a pinata (his friend had one) and balloons...so that is a start! :)

AngZacc

Asked by AngZacc at 1:31 PM on Jun. 10, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Bring water ballons
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:36 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• Water balloons, water guns, misters. Is there a water spigot you can connect to there? A slip and slide would be fun.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 2:16 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• Bring a big jug of water with a wide mouth so you can fill balloons and water pistols.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:30 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• I don't think htere is a water connection. At least I didn't see one. It is a city park, so not sure they would want to pay the water bill for everyone using their park during the summer.

Any non water ideas?
    AngZacc

Comment by AngZacc (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• I agree with the water balloon idea, you can fill them at home put them in a large tub and bring the with.

Other then water ideas you could try and come up with a few games for the kids or just let them play on the playground. Most kids that age don't really need a lot of controlled activities. Just do the pinata.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:59 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• I agree with tnt. Just do the pinata and let the kids run around for the rest. That age doesn't need or really want a lot of organized activities. Make sure you have plenty of drinks to keep the kids hydrated.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 4:05 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• dollar store silly string. FUN FUN FUN
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:29 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• Good ideas ladies...and you all are right, I tend to think they need more entertaining then they do.
    AngZacc

Comment by AngZacc (original poster) at 10:38 AM on Jun. 11, 2013