When do you start weening off bottles

My daughter is 13 months. Should she still be drinking a bottle before she goes to bed? Is it ok if I wait a few more months?

Jackie128

Asked by Jackie128 at 9:05 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i took my sons away and switched to sippys at 9 months
    Anonymous

• 6-9 months
    Anonymous

• I did it on my son's 1st birthday.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:17 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Yeah...I was pretty bad on this point. I let my son keep his past two years. Very bad, I know, but it was my one concession to helping him go to sleep quietly
    mom2alan

Answer by mom2alan at 9:17 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Its recommended that your baby is off the bottle at 1 year.

Just know that the longer you prolong it, the more trouble you're going to have. Do a search of some of the questions on here and you'll see.

I'd start now. The sooner, the better.

My DD's let go of the bottle with hardly any problems, and both of them were off it before they're first birthday. They weren't terribly attached to it; as long as milk/juice was coming out of it, they didn't care what it was coming out of. At around 12 months is when I stopped nightime feeding altogether.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 9:34 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• At a year old no matter what it takes
    mom_n_goddess

Answer by mom_n_goddess at 9:37 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• my son stoped getting bottles during the day at one ... he only gets a bottle at nap and bedtime...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 9:42 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I got both of mine off at one year. I think that's a good age, not much older than that though, it can start to hurt their teeth.
    JenStricklin77

Answer by JenStricklin77 at 11:45 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I did it at 11 months. She will be fine if you wait a few more months however the longer you wait the much harder it will be!! ..so think about that! ,,,
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 11:57 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• My son was off botles by 10 mos and could handle reg straws and drinking from a cup by the time he was a year.
    You_Are_Invited

Answer by You_Are_Invited at 12:20 AM on Feb. 18, 2009