Are you glad they brought back Question of the Day?

I AM!  It is like admin is starting to take notice of us again.  Yep, we are here and we like being here.  

We don't want to be corraled into groups.  We don't want to read The Stir.  We just want to hang out with our friends (the regulars, irregulars, sometimes visitors, anons and newbies).  

tasches

Asked by tasches at 4:43 PM on Jun. 10, 2013 in About CafeMom

• Ballad should get an ugly tote for that!
    or
    trade said ugly tote for 1000 points
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:56 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• I'm glad we're getting attention again and that they seem to be making an effort after so many of us were afraid they were trying to let Answers die out, but honestly I'm not as interested in The Question of the Day as I am with other aspects of Answers.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:53 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• Never noticed that we had it before and I have been in and out since 2008

It started when they added points and we had very active CM admins here for a while. Then they started doing the site redesign where they pit Answers vs Groups, reassigned all our admins to other departments, took away the Answers tab and started acting like we were going the way of Polls and Journals. People complained because the last QotD before this was up there for 6 weeks untouched - nobody was working here to change it anymore. Instead of giving us back an admin, they just deleted the whole thing.

So with that in mind, IF it keeps being regularly updated, it's a good thing. If they're going to drop it for another new shiny toy in 3 months, I'd rather they not bother.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:04 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• I didn't notice until you posted this question and the skeptic in me is wondering why the powers that be are taking a sudden interest in Answers.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:50 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• what qualifies as question of the day

Whatever one they decide to use - never from debates, always from the categories. Don't think they ever used JFF, either. Course, they used to get a mention on the main page, too. The "QotD" on the main page today links to some thread in groups, it's not this one.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:31 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• "the skeptic in me is wondering why the powers that be are taking a sudden interest in Answers."

you're not alone!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:14 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• Eh- it's kinda slow hwere anyway so it's not like we will miss much
    *unless it's a fun drama question that gets deleted quickly ;)

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:48 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• I don't remember ever running across it till today. Maybe that was before my time.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:50 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• I really don't care either way

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:50 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• As long as they bother to keep it updated then I don't have a problem with it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:40 PM on Jun. 10, 2013