Hiding a shiner or decreasing its duration?

My boyfriend accidentally left the cupboard door open when he got his cereal this morning. (Yes, that's the true story. He was stressed out and got careless.) It's been so long since anyone has done that, I didn't have my hand up to check and zoomed right into the dor. I'm sure I've got a shiner, just from the pain and the way the door hit. I don't want my boyfriend to feel bad, and frankly, I don't want anybody else to see it and wonder what's going on. My cousin got a shiner playing rugby, and her mom freaked out and thought someonewas abusing her. So anyway, is there anything I can do to hide the black eye or make it go away quickly?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 5:01 PM on Jun. 10, 2013 in Health

• ICE about 15 straight.... let it warm up to regular temp naturally..... then ice again... do this as often as possible... it will stop the bruising & the swelling, and let the healing begin. When you take the ice off there is a large influx of blood with white blood cells to eat up the damage tissue.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:54 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• go out and get some Arnica cream - stat! That stuff helps prevent OR speed the healing of bruises
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 5:03 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• Icing it right away can help but not make it dissapear for sure. . Wearing makeup is the only way to hide it, but depending on the bruise it can be difficult, so I don't think you will have much success with that.

I think if you do have a shiner you are kind of screwed lol
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 5:03 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• You can also get arnica montana tabs in the natural living section of grocery stores (if your local ones have it). Just make sure you don't take medications that not compatible with it. And of course, ice.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:31 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• The Arnica ointment is good stuff. Will help with the pain too.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:13 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• foundation and hiding. lol
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 10:22 AM on Jun. 11, 2013