anxiety...

So i have an axiety disorder and im going to my first therapy appointment for it tomorrow. when i went for my consultation they said once i get assigned a therapist they will give me an anti-anxiety med. Well there is a possibility i may be pg, period not due till next week its just a feeling lol. if they prescribe me an anti-anxiety and i tell them i may be pg do you think they will do a blood test or send me for one? my friend said to tell them im already late an the test said neg so they will and ill know sooner...anyone agree? do you think they will send me? or should i lie?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Don't lie, mainly because certain anit-anxiety drugs cannot be taken if you are pregnant. If you aren't sure, then it's better to be save then sorry. I have anxiety disorder, and have been taking Zoloft thru the duration of this pregnancy. It's a great med for anxiety (i think) and it's one of the safest to take while preggers. I'd ask the dr about that one. Otherwise, they could send you in for a preg test. It really could go either way.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:11 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• oh i mean lie and say im already late.....not lie about possibly being pregnnat
    Anonymous

• I'd just say that you think there is a possibility that you could be pregnant, but it's too soon to take a HPT
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:16 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• You should be careful to be exactly truthful so that you get the best medicine for you and in case you are expecting. If you find out sooner, that would be great! :) Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 9:20 PM on Feb. 17, 2009