Untraceable monies

Is a money order from the post office considered traceable monies ? what's considered traceable and untraceable monies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Jun. 10, 2013 in Money & Work

• Money orders are absolutely traceable because payment can be stopped on them. I've done it before. If they get one from the post office I think it even comes with a carbon copy.

Ask for a cashier's check if you're that worried. And get a PO box if you don't want to give out the address. How much money are we talking about? If it's a negligible amount I'm not even sure I'd go to the trouble.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:48 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• To an extent, yes. Usually it says right on the money order who issued it. The numbers on it tell exactly where it was issued and they can also use that number to narrow down when it was issued. And if you purchase the money order with a check, credit card or debit card, they can easily trace it.

Did you hire a hit man and are wondering how to pay him so it isn't traced to you? LOL
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 5:31 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• ^^^^ BTW- I thought the 3rd party face palm was appropriate since you are asking for a "friend"

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:09 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• Yes, a money order is traceable. In my opinion, anything is traceable if you are willing to dig deeply enough.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:31 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• Cash is pretty much untraceable. Unless it was from a bank heist and the serial numbers are recorded. 

Why would you want an untraceable payment, though? 

Answer by gdiamante at 5:33 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• Oh no- not this one again!!!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:07 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

•  Kids- check, laundry - check, dinner- check, piss off anon on the internet- CHECK!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:31 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• It's only untraceable when you post anon....

DUH.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 6:35 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• My advice go to their home and get cash. Insist on a cashier's check. Have them Western Union a payment. It's traceable if you make it that way. It is called Delivery Confirmation at the post office. They can insure it too if they like.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:41 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• Take legal action.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:43 PM on Jun. 10, 2013