Homemade ringworm cure

PLEASE DO NOT GIVE THE SPEECH ABOUT MEDICAL BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE CAN AFFORD MEDICAL INSURANCE.

Recently my friends son played with a stray cat and caught ring worm. It started out as a cluster of tiny itchy red bumps that he scratched and the tiny red bumps began to spread all over his body. My friend was waiting for her sons medical to be approved and didn't want to see her son suffer. I looked online to see what she could use until she could get him to the doctor. Based on what I found, I mixed up a lotion for her to rub on him twice a day and it worked like a charm really fast.

1 tube of Monostat (Yes the yeast infection cream, it's a slightly weaker version of what a doctor would prescribe for ringworm)
1 tube of anti itch cream
1/2 tube of triple antibiotic ointment
1/2 cup of shea butter
Mix well and apply twice a day.

405mom

Asked by 405mom at 5:36 PM on Jun. 10, 2013 in Kids' Health

• Or you can just use LOTRIMIN┬« AF (CLOTRIMAZOLE 1%) or the Walmart brand for about 5 bucks for a large tube. You don't need all that other crap... just the anti-fungal. I've treated this on athletes for years... it works great!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:47 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• No need to be mean with "You don't need all that other crap"

LMAO... that was far from mean... it was however 100% honest.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• I was going to say to use the same thing Crafty posted.

My son had ringworm when he was 2 mths old, doc said to use that. We ended up having to get a script end the end though, because he didn't respond to the OTC.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 6:01 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• Sounds like a proactive solution under the circumstances.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:53 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• Yes I knew there was a foot fungus one that could be used too, I just couldn't think of it. No need to be mean with "You don't need all that other crap" I was just trying to be helpful and it did help her son, just plain monostat was not soothing Riley enough.
    405mom

Comment by 405mom (original poster) at 5:54 PM on Jun. 10, 2013