I'm out of ketchup!What can I use?

I already thawed out some hamburger to make a meatloaf, and now I just found out I'm out of ketchup, I don't have tomato sauce, either. Could I use a can of cream of mushrom soup? (Yeah, I know, my brother used to joke that I'd starve to death without it.) Or what else could I add for moisture? Otherwise, it really will be spaghetti again even though we just had it last week.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 6:45 PM on Jun. 10, 2013 in Food & Drink

• yum ...what did you do ? I think the c of mushroom might give it a kind of Salisbury meat patty taste ...yum.

Next time saute some onions and mushrooms to add the meatloaf also along with the soup....I'm going to try this.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 11:08 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• bbq sauce and make a bbq meatloaf, maybe add shredded cheese and bacon? or, you could make bbq meatballs and serve with rice/potatoes and a veggie.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:47 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• Salsa or run to McD's order fries & get a bunch of ketchup packets! :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• I do bbq sauce a lot, and spaghetti or pizza sauce can work, too. I also make a taco meatloaf with taco seasoning and salsa or taco sauce on top, too, that my kids beg for.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:51 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• BBQ sauce worcestershire sauce and 2 eggs.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:00 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• I make it like I make meatballs.... with some parm. cheese, 4-C bread crumbs and an egg. Then I melt cheese on top!! Yummmm
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:01 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• You could use the spaghetti sauce instead of ketchup. Add some garlic and basil and you have Italian meatloaf. YUM! You could use the cream of mushroom soup too, it will just have a different flavor. Sounds good though.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:02 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• Let's see about half of it is sugar, so just add pureed tomatoes and you are good to go ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:33 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• Why do you need to put something on it. I never do. I do mix sausage with it. Meat loaf is usually greasy enough.

But cream of mushroom soup sound good to me.

Answer by louise2 at 7:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• I used the soup, and it did sortof taste like Salisbury steak. It would have been good with mashed potatoes and gravy.
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 12:11 AM on Jun. 11, 2013