Anyone ever use an at home microdermabrasion product??

I have been seeing more and more of these products. I am 36 and I have breakouts frequently, not a ton but like 2 or 3 pimples about every day. I have heard that microdemabrasion can help to get rid of it. I have see one called Youthful Essence that Susan Lucci has, Neutrogena has this Healthy Skin Rejuvinator and Olay has a dermabrasion and Peel system. Anyone ever try these and did you like them, did they work? Was it worth it?

vicky31mom

Asked by vicky31mom at 9:15 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I like the Olay peel and derma systerm.
    You have to actually use it though, lol.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:44 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I only use what my dermatologist tells me to use. I have horrible skin.
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 11:50 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Neutrogena worked OK for me, as far as smoothing my face a bit.. but it doesnt help with BREAKOUTS as much as it helps with smoothing skin after one.. reducing redness and fading the mark. I also have used Neutrogena facial peel.. its expensive ($30ish) but it works well. You will have to try different products to see what works for you but I use PanOxyl bar to wash my face, Cetaphil to moisturize, and then Neutrogena Advanced Solutions At Home MicroDermabrasion System ($34) once or twice a week.

(cont)
    LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 3:01 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Once a week, I also do Neutrogena Advanced Solutions Facial Peel ($24)Although never on the same day as the microdermabrasion

keep in mind.. this is just what I do.. and it works for me (breakout free for almost a year and all my old marks are almost completely faded) but it may not work for you.. so its best to test it first. Remember too that RiteAid will take back even used products, if you have your receipt.

LuminousMom

• I ordered the Susan Lucci Microderm abrasion and used it for a year or so. It cost me a fortune becaue they keep sending you stuff automatically and I thought it was good until I tried Arbonne. I ended up throwing away HUNDREDS of dollars worth of microderm abrasion stuff because Arbonne felt so good. My skin has never looked or felt better!!! Don't do it - the initial month is cheap, but you have to sign up for autoship and you keep getting charged - Arbonne is sooooo much less expensive and you get better results.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 2:27 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• not worth it - and most of them are even worse for your skin. a lot of the product are called "microderm" bc they exfoliate. if they evn exfol. a litte they can be labeled microderm. most of them are little beads that are not smooth when you look at them under a scope. they actually scratch your skin - which can cause irritation among other things. go to your spa or derm and see a professional. store stuff is such a gimic. ugh.
    Tiffany8168

Answer by Tiffany8168 at 6:02 PM on Feb. 18, 2009