Ok ladies..I was on depo for two years and I stopped last Wednesday cause I gained so much weight. If I started taking the pill the same day, do I have a chance of getting pregnant? And I haven't been using any protection. Any advice??

Acicalo11

Asked by Acicalo11 at 8:55 PM on Jun. 10, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Technically whenever there is sex there's a chance of pregnancy. The only 100% foolproof methods of birth control are abstinence or sterilization.

HOWEVER... the odds are against pregnancy.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:01 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• Highly unlikely.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:09 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• Do some research on depo. It will take at LEAST 6 months for the depo to filter out of your system completely. Average time of conception after depo is 6-18 months.

I was on depo for 4 years. I've been off of it for 2 years now and I'm still not pregnant. My cycles have been regular and predictable for about 6 months now.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:12 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• Very unlikely.
    Kudos to you for having a plan!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:34 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• never used depo so cant.
    AnonNdrag

Answer by AnonNdrag at 12:23 AM on Jun. 11, 2013

• Any time you have sex you run a chance. It is not a good chance, but there is one. No advice at this time since you are already on birth control.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:03 AM on Jun. 11, 2013