How many months does a 2nd grader go to CCD classes before 1st communion

myatique

Asked by myatique at 11:28 PM on Jun. 10, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• The churches I've been to scheduled First Communion in the spring, after Easter.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:43 PM on Jun. 10, 2013

• Yes, the First Communion is usually held in May, at least around here. It's been a very long time since I made my First Communion, but I believe the classes lasted for a couple of months, with a book to work through.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:04 AM on Jun. 11, 2013

• RE classes run as the school year does with First Communion in May. Before their First Communion they have to have their First Reconciliation. Many Diocese also require weekly Mass. Some even require that they have already had at least one year of RE. The reasoning is because First Communion has become a cultural thing, instead of the stepping stone toward Confirmation. Grandma wants the cute pics, Mom or Dad even though they themselves no longer practice, Think well, they should at least have First Communion, with the party after, because I did, plus it gets the grandparents off my back for a few years. So here we have these kids after drop out and never really learn the Faith if you're not willing to go the distance then don't even start. It does more harm then good.
    daps

Answer by daps at 7:57 AM on Jun. 11, 2013