i know exactly how my periods are, they never change. the first day is extremely heavy and painful. except this one i suppose. i started today but i dont hurt at all, and it never this light. just the tip of my tampon is affected and it barely covered. this had never happened to me before. im only 19 and ive been really irrisponsible lately. could i be pregnant?

kayladanielle19

Asked by kayladanielle19 at 12:04 AM on Jun. 11, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I don't know, could you? I thought my periods were all normal and the same until like 8 months ago (I was 20 at the time) now they're so messed up I don't even know what to expect anymore lol.

So you haven't actually missed a period right? It's just lighter than usual? Give it a day or two and if you're still not having a normal flow take a pregnancy test, or take one now if it makes you feel better.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 12:08 AM on Jun. 11, 2013

• By "really irrisponsible lately", I'm guessing you mean you have had unprotected sex. If so, it is likely that you are pregnant. However, periods can be different for many, many factors including stress. My guess is that at 19 and having unprotected sex, you are likely under some stress. Sure we could guess if you are pregnant, but you really should take a test. And for goodness sake, use some protection and not just to protect against pregnancy.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 12:09 AM on Jun. 11, 2013

• PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:11 AM on Jun. 11, 2013

• .
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:19 AM on Jun. 11, 2013

• go to a dr
    AnonNdrag

Answer by AnonNdrag at 12:22 AM on Jun. 11, 2013

• If you don't want to be pregnant and you turn out not to be, get yourself on reliable birth control, for goodness sake.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:25 AM on Jun. 11, 2013

• Take a pregnancy test.

And since you're only 19, you should know that irregular periods will plague you from time to time all your fertile life. You will have times when they become different. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it cannot.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:20 AM on Jun. 11, 2013

• TEST and your questions will be answered.

Answer by louise2 at 6:58 AM on Jun. 11, 2013

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:58 AM on Jun. 11, 2013

• First off NEVER say NEVER. Age, hormones, stress, thyroid issues, weight loss/gain and many more things can and will change your cycle. Stop being irresponsible and at least use condoms since female birth control can really screw you up. You stated you started your period so I would say you are not pregnant. However I am not psychic nor am I a pregnancy test which you can pick up at a dollar store or get done for free at certain clinics. Take a test to ease your mind and if your boy toy doesn't want to be a daddy, he should slap some protection on that erection. If you don't want to be a mommy check and make sure he did or get on some form of birth control yourself. Men aren't always trustworthy when they say they have a condom.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:00 AM on Jun. 11, 2013