Do you think different terms of endearment matter?

When you start seeing a guy, do any terms of endearment bother or make you feel good? Examples - beautiful, gorgeous, baby, babe, sexy, etc. Opinions, thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Jun. 11, 2013 in Relationships

• Not if he uses my name as well. If all I am referred to is something generic (like babe or sexy) then I would be bothered by that.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:54 AM on Jun. 11, 2013

• When I first met my DH he did that (he's English, they do that, I think it's part of the accent, lol) and I asked him flat out if he knew my name or not! He was horrified that I thought he didn't. He didn't break the habit, and it didn't really bother me since I fell in love with him anyway. :)
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 12:57 AM on Jun. 11, 2013

• Most terms of endearment would make me feel good, if spoken by someone I cared about, as long as he didn't expect me to use them. I've never felt comfortable with using words like that, except for with my daughter, who hears "sweetie" more often than she hears her name.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:17 AM on Jun. 11, 2013

• Dh and I always call each other baby. I do like to switch it up though lol because hearing the same thing all the time kind of takes the specialness out of it KWIM? Like dh always says I'm sexy Im used to hearing so it started to mean less, and tonight he said "you're so pretty" and it felt like the best compliment I ever got lol.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 1:42 AM on Jun. 11, 2013

• Doesn't make a heck of a lot of difference to me.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:13 AM on Jun. 11, 2013

• I feel awkward using "pet" names. I don't find anything wrong with it, just one of my quirks. I like when my husband uses them on me though. "Boo" is the only one I can't stand and one of the reasons I fell for my husband is because he never used it!!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 4:24 AM on Jun. 11, 2013

• "Hey hon" is the general term between hubby & I, used to call each other from another room around here. I reserve other terms for the kids. (nice ones most of the time :p) I really don't care for salesclerks calling me "hon" tho. Of course, it took a while for me to get used to "ma'am" :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:38 AM on Jun. 11, 2013

• If he never uses my name and is always calling me something else like you said. He is a player. IMO and I would stop seeing him. He calls all females that because he does not remember their names.

Answer by louise2 at 6:56 AM on Jun. 11, 2013

• I like being called by my name and my husband does not like being called pet names either. The marriage is now in its 49th year so it seems to be working!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:52 AM on Jun. 11, 2013

• Weird when you first start seeing someone, but my dh and I have pet names for one another and it just feels natural.

Answer by missanc at 8:51 AM on Jun. 11, 2013