Time to think?

So here is my situation:

My boyfriend and I got into a stupid fight I got mad that he didn't come see me after I had surgery so we broke up because he was supposed to come over the day after and talk about things and he never showed. Now he says he needs time to think that he doesn't know if he still loves me and he doesn't know if he still wants to be with me. He has already been thinking for a week. IMO I just don't think you should have to think if you want to be with someone. He keeps putting off coming to give me closure and to pick up his stuff.

I pretty much told him what kind of relationship would that be if I went back to someone who doesn't know if they want to be with me and he gives me the line a relationship that will make it and last. I told him no it will get me to resent him. So advice greatly needed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:27 AM on Jun. 11, 2013 in Relationships

• Time to let this dude go. My guess is he has found a new interest and is too cowardly to tell you. Please don't waste any more emotion on him.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:44 AM on Jun. 11, 2013

• Quit giving him time to think. He's not thinking, he's stringing you along while he either sees how things go with someone else or waiting to find someone else.

Pack up his crap and tell him he can come get it off your front porch. Tell him he's got 3 days to come get it, otherwise he'll have to think about whether he really loves his stuff and wants to have it back.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:45 AM on Jun. 11, 2013

• It sounds like he doesn't have the cojones to tell you it's over.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:02 AM on Jun. 11, 2013

• Thats what I think as well.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:05 AM on Jun. 11, 2013

• Tell him to be at your house at X date and X time to pick up his shit. Leave it outside and change the locks so he can't get in and don't open the door for him. He's messing with you.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:16 AM on Jun. 11, 2013

• I would say he's moved on, so I would do the same.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 9:19 AM on Jun. 11, 2013

• You think he is messing with me really?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:20 AM on Jun. 11, 2013

• Sounds like a good idea. He wants to be friends I told him sorry I don't want to be.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:38 AM on Jun. 11, 2013

• Yes. He is absolutely messing with you because if whatever else he's "thinking" about doesn't work out, then you're there for him.

DON'T BE.

You might want to do some checking of the law to see what you are legally obligated to do regarding his stuff. You don't want him dragging you to small claims court over it if you merely leave it outside for him. (That happened to a friend of mine and she lost the case.)

Answer by gdiamante at 11:08 AM on Jun. 11, 2013

• It's bye-bye time. I'm sorry for your loss, but you don't need someone like that.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:06 PM on Jun. 11, 2013