How much does it cost to get a notarized guardian ship letter

I want to send my 7 months old son with my niece for vacations and I want to make her a notarized guardian ship letter so she doesn't have any problems on the way back

Vero669

Asked by Vero669 at 11:32 AM on Jun. 11, 2013 in Travel

• my bank notarizes thing for free. call your bank and see if they have a notary public
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:34 AM on Jun. 11, 2013

• Are you writing the letter yourself? Or are you enlisting an attorney to write it?

If you have a template for the letter and are able to write it yourself, then the only cost will be for the notary, and that varies from place to place. You'll need to make some calls. If you need a lawyer to write it for you, then it's whatever the lawyer charges.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:34 AM on Jun. 11, 2013

• Thank you for taking your time to answer my question
    Vero669

Comment by Vero669 (original poster) at 11:37 AM on Jun. 11, 2013

• Are they leaving the Country? Your Son may need a Passport. Call a Travel agent & ask if it is required or just a Birth Certificate. Then write a letter in your own words that you are giving your Sister responsibility of his care & take it to a Notary. The UPS Store has a Notary & the cost is $5. You need to bring your license for proof of ID.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:41 AM on Jun. 11, 2013

• You should be able to look online for a template and write the letter yourself. At my bank, a notary is $10, but I've walked into rival banks and gotten the service for free, so check around.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:13 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• If they are leaving the country your child will need a passport or passport card. The birth certificate thing is no longer enough.

As far as a notarized letter, look on line for the form. I printed some out last year when I took the kids overseas without DH. We just went to our bank. It was free, as long as you have an account.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:58 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• It cost me around $4 to notarize a letter. I went to a UPS office. They have a notary there. Chase bank also has one.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2013