how do i tell my son about sex in a letter?

I want my son to know what sex is and what is harmful and what is tgood about sex.

Rosev16

Asked by Rosev16 at 2:04 PM on Jun. 11, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• WHere is he and why can't you talk to him in person?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:06 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• Please tell me I am so nervous about talking to him about it
    Rosev16

Comment by Rosev16 (original poster) at 2:06 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• I am asking because he is my frist child and I never had the talk.
    Rosev16

Comment by Rosev16 (original poster) at 2:08 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• It's way better to do it face to face. What if he has questions? Passing notes around is childish. You need to show him it's okay he can come talk to you one on one about sex and concerns. If you hand him a letter it seems cold and withdrawn and he may never want to ask you sex questions or concerns.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:10 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• There's nothing embarrassing about biology. And you start THERE. You will likely find he knows more about it than you do via health classes!

If you're talking about MORALS, that's a whole different matter. And it depends on what you have as a moral basis.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:11 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• you suck
    Rosev16

Comment by Rosev16 (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• HARMFUL?
    Don't scare the poor kid. You just need to explain that for every action there are consequences.
    Sex can be a great thing, but it does have consequences. If he is not mature enough to purchase condoms, he is not mature enough to have sex. If he is not mature enough to discuss protection, STD's and the possibility of pregnancy with his partner, he is not mature enough to have sex.
    He doesn't need to know about cervical mucus, just cover the basics.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:17 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• well if you don't like our answers GET THE FUCK OUT. Be an adult and talk to him instead of be scared like a teenager.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:19 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• Why a letter? My mom read a book on tape for me about the basics of sex and left it on my dresser when I hit puberty, then never mentioned it again, and I can tell you it's a sucky ass way to learn. There's nobody to ask questions, so you have all these facts floating around in your mind but no real clue about reality. I'm going to rat on myself and probably sound stupid as hell, but I think this shows why an explanation rather than a note is a good idea. I knew that when a man reached climax, semen would come out of his penis. But I didn't know he would start moaning and jerking around, and spurting. The first time I got a partner there, and I didn't even know it was the goal I was working for, I thought I hurt him or broke him or something. Man, did I feel dumb! I had to figure out how tampons and condoms worked from college friends. Is that the way you want your son to stumble through the process?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:22 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• Maybe she doesn't know SHE ended up pregnant and she's looking for an explanation?? LOL
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:24 PM on Jun. 11, 2013