Our profiles originally had a member since date instead of pro/veteran/etc

If they went back to showing the date, and it carried over to answers, showing up where the credit level shows now, wouldn't that cover the main thing anyone uses credits for better than the level? You can stealth vote up all the answers from your prior, banned acct for a week before posting to raise a level, but you can't fake your acct creation date.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 2:15 PM on Jun. 11, 2013 in About CafeMom

• I like it. Wish I could use my original creation back in May 2007, but I closed down my acct oct 2011 for personally reason I should have left it dormant.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• Sort of, but the thing is, it also depends on how active you are. You could have someone whose been a member since 2009 but who hardly ever posts or even gets on the site, and a newer member who's on every day.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:28 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• You can stealth vote up all the answers from your prior, banned acct for a week before posting to raise a level,

You can't. You're cookied. You would have to remove the cookie if you knew how.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:31 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• Cookied?

I hate to break it to you, but it happens every day. They either deleted because they got a scary warning or cm kills their acct. They make a new one and start over. The only mechanism to prevent that is an IP ban, which is about as useful as closing the blinds on an open window.

There's no cookie that can't be deleted, and any 12 year old can do that with one click.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 2:35 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• You can open a new account but cannot upvote your new account using your previous account with your prior username.
    Smarty Pants! LOL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:37 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• sounds good to me!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:43 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• That's a brilliant idea... which is exactly why it would never be implemented, it makes too much sense.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 2:58 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• I never said that. Try reading what i actually wrote, bless your heart
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 3:55 PM on Jun. 11, 2013