can you still be able to conceive at 45?

I'M TRYING TO CONCEIVE AT 45 BUT MY PERIOD FOR THE LAST 4 MONTHS LAST ONLY TWO DAYS CAN ANY ONE GIVE ME HOPE AT THIS. THANK YOU

Elvira G.

Asked by Elvira G. at 3:54 PM on Jun. 11, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes you can. I would speak to a OB GYN that specializes in high risk pregnancy
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:55 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• My mother had me at 47
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:59 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• You can but why would you want to? There's so much at risk with having a child that late in life. Like LostSoul said, please talk to your OB/GYN 1st.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:01 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• It's possible, but your risk of having a baby with a genetic abnormality is about one in ten. That might be fine with you, but be sure you know what you might be getting into
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:03 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR RESPONCE I REALLY APPRECIATE IT. I WILL TALK TO MY OB/GYN AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. THE REASON I WANT ANOTHER BABY IS BECAUSE I FOUND MY SOUL MATE AND HE IS 32 AND WE REALLY WANT A BABY.
    Elvira G.

Comment by Elvira G. (original poster) at 4:16 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• I had my Daughter at 44. She was a "surprise"! Make sure to see your OBGYN first though so they can put you on the right track. GL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:25 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• if it is meant to be it will, anything is possible!! just talk to your Obgyn and good luck!!!!
    tb2snewmommy

Answer by tb2snewmommy at 4:27 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• Yes, but the older you are the more difficult the pregnancy. You'd also have a greater risk of a down's syndrome child.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:00 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• As long as you have not went threw menopause and nothing is wrong with your reproductive organs. You should.

Answer by louise2 at 6:48 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• I would really think carefully about it because the older you are, especially in the 40s, the higher the chances of your child being born with a birth defect/condition, such as Down's syndrome. You'd also need to think about how you will be able to care for the child when you get older and will have less energy, strength, and any financial impact it will have. I would suggest thinking about adoption instead. There are so many children who need families and you can even skip the baby period (if you want to) and enjoy having older kids who can take care of themselves for the most part.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 8:37 PM on Jun. 11, 2013