Fathers day suprise for my partner!

Long story! I've suffered with depression for many years, but I've only been open about it for the last 6 months and I'm getting the help I've desperately needed from a councillor and my family.
My partner asked me to marry him last year, and I said no! I was in such a bad place emotionally, and I was such a dark place that I almost felt I wasnt good enough for him.
Anyway, my partner bought me an engagement ring, and even though my answer was 'NO' he still kept the ring for me.
Now that I'm feeling more like myself again I've had a huge change of heart. Ive been out today and bought my partner a ring, and I'm planning on asking him to marry me on Sunday.
My problem is that I'm so nervous! I dont know whats to say! Have any of you ladies popped the question to your fellas?

kylie_bob

Asked by kylie_bob at 4:12 PM on Jun. 11, 2013 in Relationships

• I haven't, but you wrote something very nice. Think what to say by rereading your question. Good luck, and congratulations on getting help. It's not easy.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:49 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• Good luck mama!!!!
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:15 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• You could google proposal ideas or even watch some you tube videos. It might give you some ideas. I agree that you should look at what you wrote in your question and think about all of his good qualities. Maybe make a list of all of the things you love about him and that make your relationship great.

Not to be a debbie downer, but have you thought about how he might react to you proposing? Maybe instead of proposing, just let him know that if he were to ask again, your answer would be yes? Just a thought. I know my SO wouldn't like me proposing, but every guy is different.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 10:59 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• Ballad you've just made me cry :') I'm crying happy tears because I've managed to see the light, and come out the other side.
    kylie_bob

Comment by kylie_bob (original poster) at 5:03 PM on Jun. 11, 2013