Announcement: To Do Today area, Unused Categories Removed

We've removed the following categories, by popular request:
• Buying a Home
• Back-to-School
• Would You Rather
• Other Games

I've left Crazy for Credits for now until the larger questions around the credit system are answered.

The To Do Today area is also gone from most pages, though I've temporarily added that info to your profile in case anyone wants to see it.

Cafe BTC

Asked by Cafe BTC at 5:02 PM on Jun. 11, 2013 in About CafeMom

• Thanks for that, still think C4C is the biggest one that needs to go. Also think if you are going to get rid of the to do list then just get rid of it. Don't move it somewhere else.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 5:04 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• THANKS! Hope C4C goes as well. I am glad you are asking and considering our suggestions now!
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 5:05 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• How about adding a "Miscellaneous" category for when nothing else applies?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:06 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• its nice that the to do list is gone, but leaving the points system makes it a bit confusing. how will newbies know what the points system means without a to do list? does this mean that you are (hopefully, fingers crossed) getting rid of the points system too?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:09 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• I'm sorry to see Back to School gone, but I guess there's no law that says everybody has to do things my way. *Smile.*
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:09 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• Interesting
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:10 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• > How about adding a "Miscellaneous" category for when nothing else applies?

A couple of people requested this, but it seems like most questions can fit into one of the existing categories, even if it's a bit of a stretch. I would fear that if there is a "Miscellaneous" category it will get used for stuff that belongs elsewhere.
    Cafe BTC

Comment by Cafe BTC (original poster) at 5:11 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• I would still love to see a 'vent' section. It would be so much more fun here than on craigslist..
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:12 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• > its nice that the to do list is gone, but leaving the points system makes it a bit confusing. how will newbies know what the points system means without a to do list? does this mean that you are (hopefully, fingers crossed) getting rid of the points system too?

You're right, but we do plan on simplifying the credits system soon.
    Cafe BTC

Comment by Cafe BTC (original poster) at 5:13 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• I agree a vent system would be great
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 5:14 PM on Jun. 11, 2013