Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i want to go to l&d but worried it will be for nothing and i will feel stupid

ok 39 weeks
iv been having contractions since the 14th
they are constant and very on the pain scale
i go pee like every ten mins and i have not been able to get more then an hour of sleep
i want to go to l&d
but i dont want my step mom to be up all night cuz she works at 3 in the morning
my mind is telling me to go but at the same time it is say dont go
im fighting with my self about wut to do
SOME HELP ME plz???????

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

Answers (7)
  • I don't understand why you don't just go.

    If you're not in active labor, they'll send you back home.

    Answer by .Peaches. at 9:35 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

  • I think you should go

    Answer by ashlrenee at 9:36 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

  • i would say go.... how far are the contractions? has your water ever broke? i would go just to be safe, if your fine they will send you back.... i wouldnt want nothing to be wrong and just be sitting around ya know....


    Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 9:37 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

  • Well, heres a good clue for most people. if you are able to do anything during your contractions, then you are probably still in the early stages (which can last for Seriously though, when the pain gets so intense that you have to stop talking, walking, anything....then you are probably ready to go. Or if your water breaks, then go no matter what. Water break vs peeing yourself? If you have just leaked something, lay down for about 10 minutes, then get up. If you leak again, then its probably your water. If you don't then probably just pee (hey i went in for peeing myself, so no If you really want to find out, then just go. The hospital deals with false alarms all the time and it'll make you feel better to know for sure. Good luck!

    Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 9:40 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

  • go I waited and I went into laber three time and the STOPPED IT TWO TIMES. hIS CORD WAS WRAPED AROUND HIS NECK. GO IN AND GET CHEKED OUT

    Answer by vickyburns at 9:55 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

  • Yeah I would Go! If you dont want to make you mom get up I would take yourself and then tell her you will call her if they admit you. Just to be on the safe side.

    Answer by Tris_09 at 10:24 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

  • Go get checked out. If you get sent home, atleast you would know whats going on.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Pregnancy

Next question overall (Travel)
Traveling with a sitter