Is this out of the ordinary?

Does anyone ever have days where you just flat out miss your child? Last night my son woke up soon after we put him down so I brought him out on the couch with me to cuddle and I don't do that very often. He is used to being in his bed at night. He had to tell ME he wanted to go back to bed!

BraydonsMama262

Asked by BraydonsMama262 at 5:56 PM on Jun. 11, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I love it when my kids want cuddle time. I cherish it. They older they get the more they don't want to :(
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 6:00 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• I've done that before. I remember I was snuggled with my daughter in the recliner once while we watched TV, and she said, "Mom, I think I need to sit by myself for a while." It broke my heart in a way, but I was glad she felt free to express to me how she felt.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:00 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• They older they get the more they don't want to :(

This, exactly. Enjoy it while you can.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:03 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• My husband just rolls his eyes at me but I completely agree! I am going to miss it in a few more years :(
    BraydonsMama262

Comment by BraydonsMama262 (original poster) at 6:45 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• Yeah, enjoy it while you can. It won't last forever. As much as I bitch about DS being attached to my hip sometimes, I know I am gonna be sad when he doesn't want to cuddle anymore. So I try to enjoy it while it lasts.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:28 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• Nothing wrong with that. That's what you're supposed to do with kids. Love them, hug them, and spend time with them.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 8:19 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• tht happens to me when my ds with my Moms
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 8:24 AM on Jun. 15, 2013