Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump


I was twenty weeks pregnant and was spotting a little.Had to wait six hours.Started contractions but was not attended to even after calling for help.Lost about five pints of blood went in shock.The baby was born while alone and of course died he was well aand alive when i went there.

Answer Question

Asked by jmsft2013 at 7:54 PM on Jun. 11, 2013 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (3 Credits)
Answers (11)
  • Get a lawyer.

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:55 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

  • hugsCreate a facebook profile for this and make it public. I've seen a couple like this. I'm so sorry this happened to you.


    Answer by tempsingl3mom at 7:58 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

  • I agree with Party, i smell neglect, I am so sorry for your loss.....get a lawyer who specializes in medical malpractice.


    Answer by older at 7:58 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

  • yes its hard because they treated me worse than an animal i called for help, the nurse just popped her head in and left.The doctor disappeared.Now everybody from the hospital are calling, and offering apology.

    The problem with getting a lawyer is expense and they want guarantee of winning all i want is justice and be heard for my little boy Trey and for that not to happen to another woman.

    Comment by jmsft2013 (original poster) at 8:06 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

  • Not with this, a lawyer can agree to be paid after you get a settlement, they get a percentage of what you get. Most lawyers will jump at a chance to represent you if they believe you have a decent case.

    FInd a few and talk with them.


    Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:09 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

  • Yea op. there is no need to pay the lawyer anything unless you recover money, any lawyer will take this case if it had merits....and from what you told us, it does, the only bad thing is finding people in the health industry to testify to negligence.....

    Answer by older at 8:11 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

  • Yep, I agree. Call a medical malpractice lawyer. You can post a question on or to shop around for a lawyer.  Lawyers interested in your case may also contact you. In the meantime, keep all your paperwork and any other documentation related to what happened, including emails. Ask for a copy of your medical file.  I think you could win the case, but I also don't know all the details.  Ask for a contingency retainer (where you don't pay legal fees unless you win the case) or check with Legal Aid in your state if you need to find a lawyer that's willing to work for free as long as you meet low income requirements. Good luck and so sorry for your loss!


    Answer by hellokittykat at 8:13 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

  • How awful! I'm so sorry for what you had to go through and what you have lost.

    Answer by Ballad at 9:00 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

  • Most lawyers will talk to you for a short while to see if you have a case for free or a very small charge. Most will take this knid of case on a when we win basis.

    I am sorry.

    Answer by Dardenella at 11:30 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

  • Call your local news station with the story. That should get you heard.

    Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:18 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.