My 6yr old son dressed up like a girl, my mom freaked!

My son thought it would be funny to put heels on, girls sunglasses, carry a purse and talk like a girl. I thought it was hilarious, my old school mom thought otherwise. She told me not to allow that, and that he would turn out gay. What are your thoughts on this? Honestly I don't see the issue here. I mean if he did this at age 13 it may be different, but who cares?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Jun. 11, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Tell your mom you have not issue with it for now.

Answer by louise2 at 8:36 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• Your mom really needs to get a grip. There's no harm inyour son doing that--girls have more exciting clothes than boys anyway--and it won't make him gay.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:37 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• Your mom's not the sharpest tool in the shed. And even if he DID do it at 13, so what?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:38 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• It's not going to turn him gay. There's nothing wrong with it, especially that young
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:38 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• not that doing it at 13 would be wrong, I was just trying to say that they understand even less at such a young age, all that
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:40 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• Mom is tied too tight. No it wont make him gay. My son has done it a few times and the older two girls have dressed him up. He thought it was the funnier than someone farting :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:40 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• I would tell her that she is not allowed to speak to him about it because she could turn him into a bigot like her.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:41 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• Educate your mom now and tell her there is NO turning anyone gay!!!! you either are or aren't.....maybe you should ask her what she would do if he did turn out to be gay.......ask her if this would make any difference to her as to how she feels for him.....

Answer by older at 8:44 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• funny, i played with trains as a kid and im not a lesbian.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:51 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• Your mother should be ashamed of herself.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:59 PM on Jun. 11, 2013