Jewelry crafters, question about string?

I dont know much about jewelry making but I want to make a prayer bracelet for a dear friends baby shower.
I went to the craft store & I cant tell which string stretches & which does not.. I do NOT want my string to stretch.. Or what bends well for a bracelet or what is too rigid..
Fishing line looks like what I want. But I do not want to use it because I know it will stretch...

Im using 8mm Gemstone Beads, a crimp tube & toggle clasp & adding a small cross charm.. And after watching a few videos I may go to the store and get some jump rings..

Any advice about the type of string I should be using would be awesome. I want something that wont stretch but has a nice natural drape to it..

Also input about putting jump rings? I made a "mock" bracelet today with just a crimp tube & toggle clasp & it looked good.. Does jump rings really finish it off ??

Thank You for the advice! :) Getting this to look right & last is very important!! Id hate to give my bff something and it break or wear out quickly.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Jun. 11, 2013 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Silk string doesn't generally stretch and it would drape naturally. Tiger tail is string, but it doesn't really drape right. You could look for a very think tiger tail, but if you do I might suggest skipping the jump ring and just using the crimp bead / tubes.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:03 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• I would use a thinner silver wire for it. Beadalon would work. Ss 19 or so. No you don't need a jump ring but for re inforcement I would use a cable thimble with your crimp tube.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:11 PM on Jun. 11, 2013