Is there a scent that makes you think of "Home"?

Normally I buy whatever dish soap is the cheapest, but today I bought Palmolive and the scent always makes me think of my Grandmother and what I have always considered Home.

Is there a scent that makes you think of Home?

cassie_kellison

Asked by cassie_kellison at 10:55 PM on Jun. 11, 2013 in Home & Garden

• fresh baked brownies, my mom's ham cooking, and my grandma's perfume. i have no idea what perfume it is but every once in a while i'll see it on someone at the grocery store and my heart skips a beat :)
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:18 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• Meatballs and sauce, lol!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:57 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• I do not know if they still make it but Joy dish liquid reminds me of home. My Mother used it to clean everything. Even put it in our bathwater...lol
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:59 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• Pine sol....my mom only used that to clean floors.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 11:08 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• cinnamon!!
    m00tyyy

Answer by m00tyyy at 11:16 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• I know what you mean about the perfume. I don't know what my mom wears but there are times that I smell it and look around for my mom.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 11:21 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• Roasting chili. My grandma used to roast, peel, and freeze literally bushels of it every fall, and that smell takes me back. That and tortillas cooking.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:37 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• There is a scent that reminds me of my Granparents house but I don't know what it is. Once in a blue moon I get a whiff of something and it reminds me of their house, and yeah what I consider "home" too! I love whenever they mail packages to my son. The box always smells like their house! Might be a mix of laundry detergent and candles or something lol idk. It happens randomly.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 11:42 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• Pledge
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 12:11 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Anything we typically cook around the holidays, like apple pie, lemon pie, chocolate cake, turkey, roast beef, ect.

The smell of roses always reminds me of my grandmother because she has beautiful rose garden in her yard and she works in it all the time. She always smells like roses.

The smell of horses always makes me think of my great uncle. He boarded my horse in his barn and I used to work outside with him all the time. He taught me how to ride and care for the horses and, every time I go into the barn or spend time with the horses, I think of him.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 2:44 AM on Jun. 12, 2013