Send me a dollar......

If I got on here and gave you my address would you send me $1 in the mail? The reason behind this question is that I saw a webpage where you send six people a dollar and your name is put on a list or something and you get money back.But instead of all that work I was just wondering how many of you would just send me a dollar,four quarters,ten dimes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I remember that whole send 6 people a dollar thing....wasn't it kind a pyramid scheme or something? I guess it was illegal or something. And no, I wouldn't sent you a dollar.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't. Thats just like every other scam out there to me. My dollar could be used in a charity I actually trust.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 9:41 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Lol, I think you should at least make up some kind of lie. Tell people you need to buy a prenancy test or something. I would not send you a dollar for no reason.
    ashlrenee

Answer by ashlrenee at 9:41 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• sounds like some type of pyramid scheme to me. And what's the point?? "I'll send you a dollar if you give me a dollar." Just keep your dollar. At least then you know you'll have it for sure.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 9:42 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• lol.... i would send you a dollar if u needed it OP :)

that does sound like a scam tho....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 9:43 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• It is a pyramid scheme and it is illegal. And no I would not send you a buck. But I have sent people money to help them out, but they didn't ask for it. I would never give anyone money who just went out and said hey give me money.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:48 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I actually tried this back in '95 and got in trouble. Was warned. So it's bad.
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 9:52 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Really I need $2000 dollars by April and I was looking at ways to make money fast. If someone asked me for a dollar I would send them one. If 2000 moms on here sent one mom a dollar she would have $2000.easy. Also I can see where the "no ways" are coming from. I have been "in the other shoes" quit a few times this year and am now realizing that I really could have helped someone out and I didnt because I thought they were scaming.I NEEDED $14 last week at 5 p.m we had just switched banks and our cards and checks hadnt come in yet so I was stuck in a town with NO money and I thought about this guy that had asked me for a few bucks one day as I was coming out of a covenience store because he was stranded with no money,he even gave me a great story behind it so I thought it was a scheme and went on my way,boy I sure did feel bad when I had his shoes on.
    Anonymous

• no
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 10:05 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Definately a scam and then Cafemom will become PyramidMom. My stupid ex-husband did this with $200 and sure enough, right before it was his turn, the girl before him left town. There were a lot of pissed off people and you can't report it to the police because he was involved in it.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 10:10 PM on Feb. 17, 2009