Good way to get grime off cookie sheets?

You know the grease and stuff that stays on cookie sheets no matter how hard you scrub? Have you found any good way to break through it?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 11:55 PM on Jun. 11, 2013 in Home & Garden

• To clean my stove, I sprinkle baking soda on it and then pour some vinegar on it. After it sits for a minute or so, I scrub it. Works quite well. I also do this to make my white crockpot insert nice and white again.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 12:27 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Have you tried steel wool? Or bon ami or barkeepers friend? We use that stuff to clean the stove, works like a charm.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 11:58 PM on Jun. 11, 2013

• When I was a teen, I scrubbed my mom's cookie sheets until they were totally clean. I thought my mom would be so happy. Nope. She was upset with me. Apparently she wanted that stuff on there as it helped with cooking. I still don't understand that.

Supposedly, this works: put about 1/4 cup of baking soda in a small glass bowl and squirt in hydrogen peroxide until it makes a nice paste. Then rub it on the offending dirt/stain/grease.

I haven't tried it yet. Hmmmmm I'm gonna see if I have hydrogen peroxide.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 12:25 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• I just tried the hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. It did nothing. I was bummed so I tried the baking soda and vinegar. Again, nothing.
    Sorry
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 12:53 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• having stuff on the makes them seasoned
    think cast iron pans

you can scrub them with ajax and steel wool if you dont feel like they are clean but at some point you are just never going to get them "new" clean unless you stay on top of it from day one
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:19 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Well, after you do manage to get them clean, use parchment paper on the sheets when cooking from now on. That way the sheets stay clean and nothing sticks.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:54 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Oven cleaner spray for really stubborn stuff. Baking soda or Softscrub for lighter gunk.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 9:41 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• They're sanitary clean. I mean, I'd still cook with them. They just look gnarly, according to my boyfriend.
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 11:47 AM on Jun. 12, 2013