Do you think facebook relationship statuses matter?

Does changing your facebook relationship status make the relationship official? Does it matter how long you've been seeing the person? Do you think facebook relationship statuses are stupid? Lol. Thoughts?

*REASON FOR MY QUESTION*

I have been seeing a guy who wants to be exclusive but does not want to change his fb status due to his personal reasons.  I'm a poster, he's not lol. So when we do stuff together I post about it and tag him (pictures, check ins when we go out to eat, his mom made food and I tagged him, etc.). So he's ok with that obviously, but why not change the status?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Jun. 12, 2013 in Relationships

• I started seeing a guy before my divorce was final (the marriage was long over and it was just waiting for the lawyers and the court date). I didn't want his family or my family freaking out, so I waited to change my facebook status.

I don't think it matters too much but sometimes it's little things like that that can cause a lot of drama.

Do you think he isn't being exclusive?
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 12:30 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• They don't really matter, but the fact that he doesn't want to change his matters. He's trying to hide you from someone, and that's his "personal reason." I would lose this guy tonight!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:31 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Sure, they mean everything--because everything someone puts on the Internet has to be true, right?

I'd be wary of the guy, not just because of FB, but anyone who doesn't want to tell people he is seeing you would be suspect to me.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:31 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• I'm a poster, he's not lol. So when we do stuff together I post about it and tag him (pictures, check ins when we go out to eat, his mom made food and I tagged him, etc.). So he's ok with that obviously, but why not change the status?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:33 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Did he tell you what his personal reasons are? Do they sound legit to you?

I'm a big believer in being honest. 1 of the reasons I think my current relationship works so well is that we don't play games. If I want to know something, I ask him. We have open and honest communication.

This clearly bothers you so talk to him about it. Go with your instincts.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 12:43 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• He doesn't like to put his personal business out there hence why he never posts. But he's fine with me posting stuff about us.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:50 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Then he should be fine to confirm your relationship request. He isn't posting it, just confirming.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:53 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• I never put anything personal on FB. It makes me uncomfortable. I don't post when people die, or things like that. It's no one's damn business. I wouldn't change my status either. I just post pictures of my kids.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:41 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:51 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• He tells you one thing(Wats to be exclusive). But telling the world another(I'm single). Doesn't sound good to me.

Answer by louise2 at 7:00 AM on Jun. 12, 2013