Who had a more interseting day? Me or CM?

I was woken up this morning to a 12 yo in my house.
Hadn't expected to see her until after Father's Day.
She told dad she preferred to do her Birthday with mom...

So birthday was a scramble and she is very happy :)

But there have been some changes made while I was shopping, cooking, trying to figure out why my truck was leaking anti- freeze.

So-
How was your day?

feralxat

Asked by feralxat at 12:29 AM on Jun. 12, 2013 in About CafeMom

• My day was confusing, LOL. I went to PetSmart to get Snowball some chews, and I got to talking to one of the women there. She said they have an adult male robo hamster that needs to be adopted. He was accidentally sold as a girl (they are a girl only store, and somebody screwed up bad) back in March, and housed with a female. He got the female pregnant and she had babies. The owner was obviously super upset, dumped the babies and the daddy in a box, and brought them back to the store. He's also super hyper and scared to death because he's never been handled. He will not bite, but he's wild as hell. I felt so sorry for him, I adopted him and put him in our second cage that I had bought for Snowball's weekends. Then I put him in an exercise ball (and he didn't even know what to do) and I saw the underside of him. Then I realized if that's what the underside of a boy looks like.....
    ...Snowball is a girl.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:35 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• I'm glad your daughter is happy and hope you can figure out why your truck is leaking anti-freeze.

I found out today that we lost a major client at work. Hopefully the new client we got a few months ago fills its shoes.
    Also found out that even though it is Father's Day weekend and therefore his weekend to have the kids, he is only taking the boys. Which leaves me with my daughter. Don't get me wrong, I love my daughter, but now I have to cancel my plans. Ah, the life of being a mom.

I did manage to declutter a closet though.

Here's to a better day tomorrow!
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 12:36 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• I wouldn't say my day was all that interesting. The chief feature of the day was cottonwood allergies. The white stuff is blowing around everywhere, and I'm stuffed up and miserable. That and my boyfriend's daughter came to help him out in the store this week, so I have a house guest. My five-year-old went on a field trip to an ice cream factory, but the only thing she told me about it was that she got to ride the yellow bus this time instead of the white one, so now I'm wondering why I'm paying for day camps for her if she can't even remember the field trips totell me what she saw.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:50 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• got to check out some slightly less disgusting fossils
    Answer by NotPanicking a minute ago

^^^What'd ya do, visit the senior center?! LOL :p SO sorry, couldn't resist that one. You ladies will have to forgive me, I get a bit goffy when I'm sleep deprived. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:26 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• My day wasn't so much as interesting as it was looong! After working in the morning, I had a short break & late lunch at home before heading out to the softball field. We had to be there 2 hrs before the game b/c they were doing pictures. Mind you the port-a-potty got burned down my some juvenile delinquents, so I drank my water sparingly while being there for 4 hours! Then it was ice cream after the game & a late dinner. The Spurs were playing when we got home & my son was wound up b/c they were doing so well. Got to bed rather late & had to get up early to get hubby going, coffee going & let the dogs out so they could be going outside & not on my carpet. :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:34 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• I had to interact with dinosaur poop, but it was brief and wrapped in cellophane, so it could have been worse. On the upside, also got to check out some slightly less disgusting fossils and aced a test on rocks.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:24 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• I spent the day running errands.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 10:10 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• JJK- you my win. Just because I LOL'd
    feralxat

Comment by feralxat (original poster) at 1:04 AM on Jun. 12, 2013