This cute story was forwarded to me. It made me laugh.

CHAP STICK

We had this great 10 year old cat named Jack who just recently died. Jack was a great cat. The kids would carry him around or sit on him, but nothing ever bothered him. He used to hang out and nap all day longon the mat in our bathroom.
We had 3 kids at the time of this story. They were 4 years old, 3 years old, and a 1 year old.

The middle child is Eli. Eli really loved chap stick. LOVED it. He kept asking to use my chap stick and then losing it. Finally one day I showed him where in the bathroom that I kept my chap stick and explained he could use it whenever he wanted to, but he needed to put it right back in the drawer after he finished because I used it sometimes several times a day.

That year, on Mother's Day, we were having the typical rush around to try to get ready for church with everyone crying and carrying on. My two boys were fighting over the toy in the cereal box. I was trying to nurse my little one at the same time I was putting on my make-up. Everything was a mess and everyone had long forgotten that this was supposed to be a wonderful day to honor me and the amazing job that is motherhood.

We finally had the older one and the baby loaded in the car, and I was looking for Eli.. I searched everywhere, and I finally went into the bathroom. There was Eli. He was applying my chap stick very carefully to Jack's rear end. Eli looked right into my eyes and said "Chapped..."
Now if you have a cat, you know that he was right - their little bottoms do look pretty chapped. Frankly, Jack didn't seem to mind.
The only question to ask at that point was whether it was the FIRST time Eli had done that to the cat's behind or the hundredth!?!

THAT is my favorite Mother's Day moment ever because it reminds us that no matter how hard we try to civilize these glorious little creatures, there will always be that day when you realize... THEY''ve been using your chap stick on the cat's butt.

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 12:34 AM on Jun. 12, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• OMG that is hilarious!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:44 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Sometimes you just don't wanna know the answers to your own questions! Is that the first time ... oh, never mind!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:44 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• LOL!!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:10 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• LOL it could be worse, he could have applied it to his brother's butt. Thank you for the laugh so early in the morning.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:43 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• And yet another reason NOT to get a pet!

Thanks for sharing:-)
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 12:39 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• sidesplittinglaughter MMMM- 9 lives flavor! :p  Better hope Eli can't reach the tooth brushes! lol :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:49 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• lol
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:02 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Pet or no your kids will do something like this at some point.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 1:37 AM on Jun. 12, 2013