Would you spend $4,000 on a once in a life time opportunity?!

My oldest son has the money & is a huge Spurs fan. They play game 5 in San Antonio, which could be the winning game (assuming they win game 4 on Fri.) Just for grins, I looked up tickets for the game, hotel & flight for the 2 of us to go & showed him how much it was. My husb. thinks I'm nuts of course, and we probably won't do it. But I was wondering what price do you put on happiness? Oh I know we take the risk of doing all that & having them lose, but I do think it would be so exciting to be there. He'd have a blast! What do you think?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 6:42 AM on Jun. 12, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I would say yes!!! When I was younger and single I had the disposable income to be at Red Sox playoff games and I spent a lot of money to be there. I don't regret it for a minute!!! Some of my favorite memories were from these games. Win or lose and it was made more special because I treated my brother to tickets. DO IT! :)
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 7:45 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• On that, I wouldn't, but we're not big sports fans around here. But a travel opportunity, if I had the money, I would.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:08 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• I think it sounds pretty awesome. I'm not a basketball fan, but I think your son would have a blast. I would split the cost with him too, so he's not paying for the whole thing out of his own pocket, making sure he kept some in savings.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:29 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• We are huge Red Sox fans. If we had the money, we would do it. And that's not even a crazy price. People were spending thousands on just one ticket when the Yankees were in the World Series
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:59 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• If we had the money and we were going to consider that our 'big' vacation that year... then yes.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:17 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• HHMM! No, we would never do that for a smile. And make the kid think we are rich and can spend all the money we want on him. The kid would just have to be happy to watch it on tv. We didn't go to Disney world tell the kids where grown.

Answer by louise2 at 6:53 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• I'm not a Spurs fan but we are actually trying to get tickets to see game #6 in the Boston/Chicago series. So if you have $ I would say go for it. and Have Fun!!! :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:35 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• No I wouldn't. Then again I'm not a sports fan so, yeah. If he has the money and that's how he chooses to spend it then by all means go for it. If you do, look me up when you get here. Might as well enjoy the other tourist attractions while you are visiting. That way even if they lose you had a nice little vacation.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:29 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• I would do it! It's not just a sports game, it's a chance to make an awesomememory with your son!!! How many kids his age tell their friends "my mom and I had the best time!"? Go for it!!!
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 8:36 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• My vote is to go to the game, but don't buy tickets until you get there, most likely there will be someone selling the cheaper on site, but be sure to check the laws for scalping, bad idea for son and you to be in jail instead of the game.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 8:36 AM on Jun. 12, 2013