i have recently joined for work..i have 10 months old baby...i leave with my in laws n reach home by 6..n she also close with my co sister n she luk similar like me will she get confuse who is her mother..am very much possesive on my baby

i want my baby to b close only with me...if she forget me as am going to job n she close with my co sister

momnbaby111

Asked by momnbaby111 at 7:42 AM on Jun. 12, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:46 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• A baby will never forget her mother. But believe me, you want her to love and be close to the people who are watching her.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:56 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• I agree with mompam. Babies know their moms, make no mistake. But a close relationship with their care givers is so important. Be careful not to over compenaste out of guilt when you are with your baby. Many moms work and remain the number one person their kids want to be with!
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 8:08 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Do you not speak English or are you just stupid? BTW your question is kind of ridiculous. Just because your sister looks like you, your baby will not get confused as to who her mother is. She got used to your voice while you were carrying her and she is with you at night I hope. So, unless your child shares your IQ, I don't really think you have anything to worry about.
    AnonNdrag

Answer by AnonNdrag at 8:27 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• She may get attached to the people who are caring for her. But she will not forget you or confuse you with someone else.

She may show some reaction by "ignoring" you or not going to you. I don't think you should expect this, but if it happens it doesn't mean she is "confused" or "forgetting" you, it means she has feelings about separation! You can get through that by showing respect for her feelings & remaining emotionally anchored, yourself (knowing that this actually indicates her attachment to you.) Some babies that age and older do act "indifferent," or seem to "favor" a caregiver. Like I said, these behaviors reflect strong feelings that indicate attachment to you. The behavior indicates that she is managing or coping with intense feelings of hurt/loss about being separated from you. It is natural for babies to shut down the intensity of those feelings, in order to cope. Show understanding & acceptance.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 8:46 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• What a troll.
    uwmilf

Answer by uwmilf at 8:49 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• If your co sister (?) looks a lot like you, your baby may gravitate to her and may get attached, if your co sister (sister-in-law?) is spending time with her regularly. I don't think you need to worry about her "forgetting" you if this happens. It's a sign that your baby is taking care of herself. She's following instincts to make sure her attachment needs are met, which ensures that she'll have the attention & care she depends on for emotional & physical well-being. Being able to "transfer" attachments signals a strong primary attachment, too.

A good rule to follow is respect your baby's feelings & signals. Do what you can to separate the personal meaning (the feelings of anxiety & distress that get triggered inside you) from what's actually happening. Try to respect what's happening, even when it's upsetting or difficult for you.

Good luck.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 8:53 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• it's completely normal to feel that way. Does your SIL look alot like you? All you can do is build a bond with your child as much as possible, A child always knows who there mother if you build a bond strong enough.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:40 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• I'm going to assume the OP doesn't speak English as a first language and give her a hall pass this time.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:17 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Babies know their moms. No worries here.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:58 PM on Jun. 12, 2013