I just realized 6 hours is not enough...

sleep for me that is. I need at least 7-8 to function. Thank goodness I have the day off. As soon as I can put the latest load in the dryer, I'm taking a nap!

How about you- what is your required amount of sleep? (to be able to function)

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 8:57 AM on Jun. 12, 2013 in Health

• I'm ok with six if I have an easy day following, but for best performance (and mood!) this mommy is with you! 7-8 is best. :)
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 9:15 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• What is this sleep you keep speaking of? lol

I sleep whenever the baby lets me sleep. Most nights I don't get to bed until around midnight because of her. But it doesn't matter how much sleep I get, I always wake up still exhausted.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:02 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• try going to be early. It's either said then done. I need 7-9 depends on how I slept the night before.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:04 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• I need about 4 to function the next day, though i can go with less for a day or two, then I have to sleep more to recharge.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:11 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• I think 6 is perfect for me, but I'd like to sleep later. Although, when I do sleep later, I'm groggy most of the morning.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 9:17 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• I only got 4 hours Monday night and was surpised how well I was able to function all day yesterday. But yeah consistently I need about 8 hours.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 9:21 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• I need more sleep than most. At least 8 hours, but I prefer 9. There are definitely days I get by on less, but I'm fairly unfocused and unproductive on those days.

Answer by missanc at 9:23 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Before kids I really required at least 12 hours! LOL! JK, I got about 8 every night or else I'd feel nauseous during the day at work. Since I have kids I think I get 6 hrs. max because of all the night time interruptions for toilet & water. Then it will all catch up to me in a few weeks & one night I'll go to bed at 9:30 & I'm charged up again. Enjoy your day! Rest & relax!!! :)

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:02 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• yes, that was my conclusion not long ago. I use to be fine on 6 hours of sleep but I starting to see that I need closer to 8 hours otherwise I can be very bitchy.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 10:11 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• I need an odd number - 1, 3, 5, 7, whatever it ends up being. If it's 2 or 4 or 8 I can't wake up. It's to the point that when I have to work late and it's 3am, I'll wait another hour before I go to bed to get up at 7 rather than try to go right then.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:14 AM on Jun. 12, 2013